CHAPER 12 (CONTINUED)

Start from the beginning

How dare Pierre drag her away from the fight, she thought bitterly. How dare he treat her like some helpless damsel in distress, incapable of defending herself. She knew she was more than capable of holding her own in a fight, yet he had insisted on sheltering her away like some fragile porcelain doll. With each passing moment, her frustration grew, fueling the fire of her anger until it threatened to consume her. She paced back and forth in the confined space of the building, her mind racing with a whirlwind of emotions as she struggled to make sense of it all.

But beneath the anger, there was also a gnawing sense of fear—a fear of the unknown, of what lay beyond the safety of the building's walls. The sounds of battle outside only served to heighten her anxiety, each roar and crash a grim reminder of the dangers that lurked just beyond her reach.

But despite her fear, Sarah knew that she couldn't stay hidden away forever. She had to find a way to prove herself to Pierre, to show him that she was more than just a liability—that she was a force to be reckoned with in her own right. With a determined set to her jaw, Sarah squared her shoulders and took a deep breath, steeling herself for the challenges that lay ahead. Whatever it took, she would prove to Pierre—and to herself—that she was capable of standing on her own two feet, no matter what the world threw at her.

(( GO QUEEEEEN ))

As Sarah stormed up to where Pierre sat, cleaning his sword, her frustration reached a boiling point. Without hesitation, she delivered a swift kick to his face, sending him sprawling backwards off the edge of the ripped-up building. As Pierre landed with a thud on the ground below, Sarah's anger boiled over, her voice ringing out in the desolate landscape as she unleashed a torrent of pent-up emotions. "How dare you, Pierre!" she shouted, her words laced with fury. "How dare you treat me like some fragile flower, incapable of defending myself!"

Her chest heaved with every breath as she glared down at him, her eyes flashing with righteous indignation. "I am not some damsel in distress, waiting to be saved by a knight in shining armor," she continued, her voice trembling with rage. "I am a survivor, a fighter, and it is my right to choose my own battles!" With each word, Sarah's anger burned hotter, fueled by the injustice of Pierre's actions. She refused to be sidelined, to be cast aside while others fought her battles for her. She was strong, she was capable, and she would not allow anyone—not even Pierre—to undermine her independence.

As Pierre staggered to his feet, his face twisted with pain and anger, he unleashed a barrage of curse words, his voice dripping with venom as he yelled back at Sarah. "You ungrateful little brat!" he spat, his words cutting through the air like a knife. "Without me, you'd still be trapped in that hellhole, at the mercy of those creatures!"

His chest heaving with exertion, Pierre glared at Sarah, his eyes burning with righteous fury. "I was trying to protect you, damn it!" he shouted, his voice echoing off the crumbling walls of the building. "But if you want to throw your life away, be my guest!" But Sarah refused to back down, her own anger flaring in response to Pierre's accusations. With a defiant tilt of her chin, she met his gaze head-on, her voice ringing out with steely determination. "Don't you dare try to pin this on me, Pierre," she retorted, her words sharp with indignation. "If you hadn't dragged me into that bar in the first place, none of this would have ever happened!"

Her chest heaving with emotion, Sarah held her ground, refusing to be intimidated by Pierre's anger. She had made her choice, and she would stand by it, no matter the consequences. And as she faced off against him in the fading light of the ruined city, she knew that their relationship would never be the same again. As Pierre's hand connected with Sarah's cheek in a sharp slap, a stunned silence fell over the chaotic scene. Sarah stood frozen for a moment, her hand rising to touch the reddening mark on her skin, disbelief etched into her features.

But as the shock began to fade, it was replaced by a searing rage that burned hotter than the fires of hell itself. With a guttural growl of fury, she lunged forward, her hands gripping Pierre's shoulders with a vice-like grip. In one swift motion, Sarah drove her knee upward with all the force of her pent-up anger, the impact landing squarely on Pierre's groin. As he doubled over in pain, gasping for air, she wasted no time in delivering a powerful push kick that sent him hurtling backwards into a nearby window.

The glass shattered with a deafening crash as Pierre crashed through it, his body disappearing into the darkness of the building beyond. Sarah stood panting, her chest heaving with the exertion of her rage, her eyes blazing with an intensity that could rival the flames that engulfed the ruined city.

As Sarah retrieved her belongings, Kraken stood nearby, his expression a mix of shock and amusement. Emitting an odd chuckling noise, he lowered himself down, allowing Sarah to gather her things. With a huff of frustration, Sarah grabbed her belongings and made her way towards the shattered window where Pierre lay in the ruins of the building below. As she approached, her anger still simmering beneath the surface, she couldn't help but feel a pang of regret at the sight of him.

But as Pierre looked up at her from the depths of the ditch, his expression filled with pain and remorse, Sarah's resolve hardened once more. With a defiant glare, she extended her middle finger in a crude gesture before unleashing a string of curses at him, her words dripping with contempt.

"Goodbye, Pierre," she spat, her voice cold and unforgiving as she turned on her heel and walked away, leaving him behind in the wreckage of their shattered relationship. And as she disappeared into the darkness of the ruined city, Sarah knew that she was leaving behind more than just a broken window—she was leaving behind the last remnants of a bond that had once held them together, now shattered beyond repair.