six ★

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

1955, commission hq.

"i must admit, number five, in all the time that i've been here, i've never met anyone quite like you." the handler said as she and the teenagers walked down a path, five next to her with his hands in his pockets and y/n rolled a small lightning ball between her fingers as she followed behind them.

"hazel and cha-cha, for example, are talented, certainly, but they can't see the big picture. your spunk, your enterprising spirit, well, it reminds me a great deal of myself, if i may be so vainglorious."

y/n watched the woman put an arm around five's shoulders as she spoke about her parallelism with the boy.

she narrowed her eyes and furrowed her brows, accidentally squishing her lightning ball into her hand, shocking and burning herself, muttering a small yelp of pain as she looked at her injury.

five looked back at her in concern but was quickly pulled back in by the handler speaking again as they went up the stairs.

"if things work out for you here, you could potentially make a fine successor, five." she stopped and turned to the girl, "you as well, my dear y/n." she smiled down at the girl, who just stared daggers back at her.

"call me by my number, please." she said through her teeth, the handler nodded in response, "if you insist, eight."

they walked inside the building as five spoke, "i'd like to discuss the logistics of my-" he glanced at the girl behind him quickly as they began to go upstairs, "our family's safety at your earliest convenience. as well as this body replacement."

y/n looked up at him, 'body replacement?'

"i'd like to request one for her too. would it be possible to do calculations to assume how she'd look as a normal thirty-year-old?"

'woah, i get one too? cool!'

"such chutzpah. its refreshing, i'll admit. slow down, five. all in good time. in fact, now that you've finally agreed to work with us, we've got all the time in the world."

they walked by the briefcase room, "the commission works in support of a delicate balance between the timeline of events and mankind's free will. the briefcase is no longer part of your kit, five. free your mind. you're management now, one of us. as for you, eight," she faced the girl, "it'll be part of yours."

"she'll have my old job?"
"precisely."
"okay, no, unacceptable. i'm not comfortable with her out there-"
"five, five, calm down. she won't be doing anything crazy or on your level, not yet at least."

a tall brunette teenaged boy wearing a suit and glasses walked by while writing down on a notepad, he was stopped due to the handler grabbing him.

"ah, eight, five, meet noah zimmerman, one of our brightest and youngest trainers. this guy's eighteen physically, close to you two, how interesting, huh?" she squeezed the boy's shoulders as he put his work down and looked up at the teenaged girl in front of him.

he immediately blushed at the sight of her, "o-oh my god you're y/n hargreeves. hi, b-big fan." he trembled as she shook his hand and smiled at him, "hi, noah, right?" he nodded, "great. i'll keep that in mind." she winked as he turned even redder.

five cleared his throat which caused noah to look at him, "hello, sir- OH MY- FIVE HARGREEVES?!" he whisper-yelled, frightening the other boy a bit.

"you're one of, if not THE greatest. truly an honor to meet you, sir." the two boys shook hands.