Chapter 1: First thing firsts

This was the type of story that wasn't on any script of my life, that's for sure. As an academic student, I was just trying so desperately to finish my PhD, and I was doing very well, until I found myself tied to an "ambush" - if we can call that.

When I first met him, I was a lost cause in love's department and I didn't even know I was looking for anything similar to it, because I was oh so buried in things like books and papers. I was a total mess, working hard, playing hard, running wild - literally. I used to get up around 5 AM every day and run ten miles, at least. I'd gone to the gym too, and spent hours there, just so I could release all of my tension.

Although it was a hard time, also, it was a good time of my life - of all the places and people that I could just go by, suddenly, it had to be a famous football player that called the shots for my attention, and it happened in a twisted way, so fast, that I cannot see it coming.

I went to Madrid on my vacation, just to spend a month all by myself in a nice hotel room and hang out sometimes with some friends of mine that live by the city. We used to go to restaurants and bars, order drinks and Mediterranean food and I could live like that for the rest of my life - except for the fact that I wasn't a rich girl and was going crazy over a thesis that was in progress by that time. At the top of my 30s, I was in my best era, ever. And although I didn't have any crush on anybody or wasn't dating any soul, I was feeling really happy.

On a sunny wednesday June early morning - like, really early morning - while I was drinking my coffee and reading some news, I received a call from Natalie, a close friend of mine that lives in Madrid - but it was very weird that she was calling me at that time, because she was totally a night owl.

I picked it up in a very cheerful way, anyway.

"Well, well, well. I'm receiving a celebrity's call right now, and I'm not even dressed properly for this!"

She laughed really loud, and a soft feeling bloomed in my heart, because Natalie was a great friend that I hadn't seen in a long time, and her laugh was the most sincere in the entire world. And one of the reasons that brought me to the city was she.

"Hi, dear! I've heard that you were finally giving a fucking break from all this monstrosity that you call academic life, is that true?" 

I rolled my eyes and smiled. Natalie was always an energetic person that I love, and her regards are always the best ones. She was a social media manager in Real Madrid's Marketing department and used to work a lot. Like, a lot. And was extremely competent.

"Oh, yeah. If God allows me, I want to lay my ass on my fancy bed in my fancy hotel room all day long, while I still have time for it. Wanna join me?"

"Well, I'm really flattered, but I'll pass. There's so much going on in this team right now that I'm afraid everyone will die if I'll escape just for a few hours, you know?"

"And my academic life is a monstrosity? Are you sure?" I laughed.

"We're both fucked up, thanks for asking. But I'm not here to talk about routines - I'm here to make a dirty invitation. An irresistible one."

"I'm all ears and just sit, for precaution."

"Good. I want you to join me in a girls night out tonight" I was going to protest, but she interrupted me "I know, I know, you hate late invites, but I get a table just for two in DSTAGe and, you know... "

"Oh my God, it's just wednesday, you know?"

"Well, suit yourself. You're not 80 years old. And, really, I mean, really…This place is amazing and I don't want to bring anyone but you."