Chapter 15

~Wren~

I don't know if I should be happy or worried. It's been almost a week without Nyx. I am still aware I'm dreaming every night, but he's not there. I feel nervous. Did something happen to him? Is he really just in my head, but if so, why did I stop? I miss him. I miss his laugh. I know I shouldn't but I miss his touch. I miss the feeling I get when he is with me, one of peace, of feeling whole. I really need to feel that right now. Maybe what I really miss is Austin.

My phone goes off, and I put my dream journal down. It's my mom confirming the time of the art show. I just lay on my bed staring up at the cracked ceiling. I need to get moving soon, but I just feel like shit lately. First off, I've been tired all the time these past few days. I'm failing my classes, and it's stressing me out as finals have just finished, and I have realized in some of my classes that even if I get a one hundred percent, I won't pass. I've been missing Austin a lot lately and very sexually frustrated, to the point I've been having strange dreams. Leaving me feeling guilty. I grab my journal and turn back to a couple of nights after our evening at the club.

I stood alone in a gallery. Staring at a fascinating painting I had never seen before. Taking it all in before pulling more of my focus to the style and the brush strokes. Trying to see and feel what the painter felt while creating it. A presence came up behind me. It didn't startle me in fact I felt safer with him there. How I knew it was a man I don't know. I just knew it had to be Nyx. I kept my eyes on the painting, relaxing into him as I studied it more.

He didn't move as I leaned back into him. My back pressing into his chest. Then his hands gripped my waist, holding us in place. I felt my heart racing as he did this. Disappointment washed through me when one hand left my side, but the moment one of his fingers swiped across my neck, moving my hair to the side, I took a deep breath. What is he doing? Nyx has never touched me like this? I thought to myself. As the tip of his nose and lips nearly touch my neck I roll my head to the side, exposing more skin. I can't quite describe what it felt like. I think a part of me knew I should stop it but my senses were blind because of him. He ran his nose up my neck to my ear and I felt it everywhere on my body as the hairs raised up. He sighed in my ear. I felt his warm breath flow over me. My eyes closed as I felt his lips gently press down at the base of my neck, sending a jolt lower.

Holding back no longer, wanting to kiss him, I spun around in his arms. I took in a sharp breath as I stepped away from him. This had to be some weird dream thing. I knew with everything in me it was Nyx but when I turned around it was another face staring deep into my wide eyes. Part of me was disappointed it wasn't Nyx but my body was still reacting to the man in front of me. A guy I have only met once and have little desire to interact with again. I watched as his eyes dropped to my lips as he bit down on his own bottom lip.

Stepping forward, hesitating, I reached up to run my fingers through his hair. It was something I had wanted to do the first time we met. As I stood here in the safety of my dream I took the time to admire him. Without a word or even a touch he lit my body on fire. I felt a pull towards him like nothing else. He leaned in but left the last little distance between our lips for me to close. Knowing it was a dream I placed my hands on his chest as I pushed up on my tiptoes to kiss him.

I shut my journal and put it away. I let out a little silent scream as I got out of bed. What am I doing?! I can't wait to go home after the Winter Showcase Opening tonight. Austin is going to be there and I can't wait to see him. Then I get to go home for the next three or four weeks before the spring semester starts.