Page# 10

You despised the palace. No matter how many pretty clothes you wore or how quiet you were, you were judged and mocked regardless. You were treated like anything but a princess. Only the ones who loved and respected you treated you well, but their love couldn't stop the copious amount of hate you received. You loathed the palace. In your eyes, and in the eyes of many others, you didn't belong.

⊱*: .。. ‧₊˚❀‧₊˚. .。.:*⊰

"Wake up, Your Highness." Three voices chimed in harmony, rousing you from your slumber. Your eyes creaked open before squinting against the blinding sun, greeted by the smiles of the triplets.

You noticed other maids with buckets and fresh linens, preparing for the morning. The maids started to trail out of your room to get other things ready.

Wei smiled at your groggy gaze. "It's time to get ready, Your Highness. There's much to do." she reminded you.

"His Imperial Majesty will be late, but he still wants you at breakfast!" Fei continued.

"Yes, Your mother is excited to see you." Mei added.

You ignored them and whined, "No, I don't wanna! You're all dismissed! Leave!" You ordered and hid under your blankets.

The triplets didn't bat an eye, as they had grown used to this. Each grabbed onto your legs and pulled you out of bed. Though you were stronger, they had to be more creative. Mei pried your fingers from the canopy bedpost while Fei tickled your sides.

"AH! STOP!" You giggled as their teamwork ended with you letting go instantly, and you were soon dragged away.

You were dropped into the bath, the warm water splashed against your bare body made you slacken, you nearly fell back asleep until the three maids began to scrub you with floral soaps and oils.

"Our princess is so pretty!" Fei gushed, her sisters nodding. "So graceful and kind!"

Wei gently combed your soapy hair with a delighted hum. "She's grown into a great beauty! This maid is proud to take care of her." her sisters hummed in agreement.

"Oh, if only I was this beautiful at just sixteen. I surely wouldn't be a maid," Mei sighed wistfully. "You're so lucky, Your Highness." the woman complimented.

You groaned and sink into the water, sleep clinging to your eyelids heavily. "I want to go back to bed and die."

"Don't say such things!" The three maids yelped, your words making their earlier statements of being graceful and such, seem like lies.

You yawned and suddenly found yourself standing in a bottomless wardrobe, only in your undergarments.

The wardrobe was filled with trinkets and embroidered clothes your father spoiled you with.

The maids picked your outfit carefully before wrapping the fabric around you gently. They stepped back and examined you.

"It's nearly autumn, so she shouldn't wear any spring colors." Wei determined, her sisters nodding.

"Then we made a good choice with the gold and orange. The skirt will go great with her hairpiece!" Mei grinned, seeing how perfect the outfit looked on you.

Fei held up a red sash, "I think we should add a hint of color. Get red shoes too!" she suggested while tightly wrapping the sash around your waist, evoking a whine from you.

"I can barely breathe!" you complained.

Wei shushed you while placing your golden headdress on your head, and after slipping on your shoes, Mei handed you a fan that matched your outfit.