Page #2

☆*: .。. 🌸 .。.:*☆

The palace was a haven for eyes. Its beauty was unmatched. The halls were always filled with exquisite decorations colored deep red and embroidered with glistening gold. Though today was off putting. The emperor couldn't recognize his home as he wandered the palace, servants filled the corridors plastering trimmings throughout the palace. Chefs cooked at fast pace. The gardeners preened the royal gardens. The entire court stirred, as it was nearly time for the princess's first public reveal.

"-other than that, my imperial majesty, just about everything is prepared for the celebration." Huang informed the tall man beside him, who suspiciously skimmed the crowded halls.

"Advisor Huang, these decorations seem quite extravagant for a small event." The emperor instantly pointed out as he stepped out of his private study.

Everything seemed much too grand for the small gathering he wanted for his child. It was something he only wanted to share with the people within the palace. He wanted no one else to intrude on his family.

Definitely not on his precious daughter.

Huang's ebony eyes never left the aging papers he scribbled on before he answered. "Yes, have you noticed the princess's spark in popularity? I was thinking we could invite more people to her Zhuazhou like we did the princes." Huang informed the wary emperor.

Zhuazhou, was a tradition many families in the East country did for their toddlers. Multiple items would be set in front of the child and whatever they grabbed could be used to predict their future. It was purely based on superstition but it was celebrated, no matter the class or status of the family.

The father smiled at the thought of his sons' first grabs.

His oldest, Lorenzo, the son of Lady Giovanni. He chose a foreign flower meaning he'd be an adventurer or peacemaker.

His second child, Ji-woo, Lady Kwan's son. He grabbed an abacus which meant he'd be a scholar or intelligent, to the surprise of no one.

Yijun himself picked up the family crest, meaning he'd be the next leader or incredibly loyal. He turned out to be both. He could only assume his sons would choose the path of their items as well. Which left him to wonder...

"What will my baby bloom choose?" He grinned to the surprise of the many advisors surrounding him. A smile was not something they were used to on their emperor's face.

But said man couldn't help it.

He was unfathomably excited to see what his baby blossom would choose. It was grand to have a look into his children's future. It made him feel comforted to know they were set for greatness.

He wanted such a precious moment to only be with his family.

The emperor shook his head at Huang's suggestion, "I won't allow just anyone to witness my daughter's future. I only want a select few, no more no less. Anyone that dares break this rule will lose their head." He glared darkly scaring the nearby servants and the advisors that circled him.

All except Huang, the emperor's elite advisor.

Huang worked for his father before working under Yijun. He practically raised him even before the man lost his family. The emperor saw the older man as his own father over the years, so Huang feared him not one bit. It was nearly the other way around.

That's why it made sense how he could get away with defying the emperor so many times.

"Too bad, I already made the arrangements." He informed blankly while swiping his ink brush across his paper, ignoring the other advisors' shocked faces.