Chapter Eleven

"How is she? How's her leg?" Roki questioned. "She's recovering. We stopped the internal bleeding she had. We've fixed the broken bones we could, and stitched everything that needed to be stitched. For her leg we saved it but there's extensive nerve damage. The feeling in that leg will never be back to the way it was before. She's lucky to even be alive with all the damage she had," A voice spoke.
     "Thank you doctor," Roki stated. Letting out a groan I finally opened my eyes. "Yumi," Roki spoke quickly coming over to me. "Good to see you're awake Mayumi-san. How are you feeling?" The doctor spoke looking me over. "Like I was thrown off a cliff and shattered all 206 of my bones," I whispered.
     "That's to be expected given the extent of your injuries. I'll have a nurse come and take you for testing soon as well as a checkup with me. You will be staying in the hospital for at least a week or more. You need to rest plenty while you're in here and once you leave," The doctor spoke.
     "Thank you doctor," I whispered giving a small smile as he took his leave. Slowly looking over at Roki seeing tears running down his cheeks. "Don't cry," I whispered reaching up gently wiping his tears away. "I thought I lost you," He cried holding my hand on his face. "You didn't lose me, I'm here, right here," I whispered giving him a look. "I really thought I lost you," He whispered through the tears.
Giving him a soft look as I watched his tears fall and his eyes twisted with so many emotions. "Come here," I whispered moving over slightly. Slowly and gently he climbed into the bed with me, resting his head on my pillow while I rested mine on his shoulder. "I'm sorry for scaring you," I whispered pressing a gentle kiss to his cheek.
"When I found out what happened I was ready to kill. When I saw what they had done to you I was beyond ready to kill, we all were. All of Oya was ready to kill," He whisper pressing a kiss to my temple. "I know. Tsukasa was trying to when Amagai was beating me, but they had him tied up and he could get undone. And then when I saw you and Fujio I saw the look you both had. Those rage filled stares ready to kill," I spoke.
"Shibaman and Tsuji blame themselves," He sighed. "They shouldn't. They aren't at fault," I whispered glancing up into his eyes. Before more could be said about nurse came in with a wheelchair. "It's time I take you for testing," He spoke. Nodding Roki helped me sit up before coming around to the other side, picking me up and putting me in the wheelchair. "I'll be back soon," I spoke giving Roki a small smile. Nodding he stood there watching as they took me.
"You have a caring boyfriend, and a lot of caring friends. They've all been here since you were brought in," The nurse spoke. "I'm surrounded by good people what can I say," I whispered a smile finding my face. "They wouldn't even leave when we asked them too," He chuckled. "Sorry about that, they can be a bit stubborn," I chuckled.
"Okay in here we're going to run a few scans and after the scans I'll take you over to the doctor," He spoke helping me onto the table. Laying down while wincing a bit, he put me how I needed to be, before leaving the room. Slowly I was put into the machine keeping my eyes closed as the scans were done. After a bit of time I was finally brought out and helped back into the wheelchair.
Quickly he wheeled me from the room and over to where the doctor's office was. Stopping just outside the door before going in by himself. Coming out a moment later wheeling me in. "Well I have good news and bad news," The doctor spoke once the door was closed.
"Okay," I stated eyeing him. "The good news is everything seems to be healing well and looks good. There doesn't appear to be any more bleeding or brain damage. However, you do have extensive damage to your leg. It's fixed and healing but the nerves are damaged. The feeling in that leg may never fully return and there's the possibility that it could get worse over time," He explained.
"Will I still be able to carry out daily activities?" I questioned softly. "You will but probably with some difficulty. It'll take time to get back to doing things the way you were able to before. However, you will get there in time," He stated giving me a small smile. "Thank you doctor," I spoke giving him a small smile before the nurse took me away.
Slowly he took me down the halls until finally we were back in my room. Roki was sitting in the chair with Fujio and Jamuo standing next to him. "Mayumi!" They called once seeing me. "Hey guys," I spoke giving a small smile. Carefully the nurse helped me get back into bed along with the help of Roki.
"Food will be brought in for you in a bit," The nurse spoke before leaving the room. Sighing I relaxed into the bed while looking over at my boyfriend and two friends. "Are you tired?" Roki questioned softly while rubbing my head. "Yeah, the scans were a lot," I whispered.
      "We'll come back later then," Fujio spoke. "Wait, how's Tsukasa and the others?" I questioned softly. "Tsukasa is in a room a few doors down along with Nakagoshi, Tsuji, Shibaman, Kiyoshi, and Shida resting. Everyone is fine, we're more worried about you," He spoke giving a smile.
      "What about Haruto and Riku?" I questioned looking up at Roki. "Riku is in the kids department with Haruto recovering. Haruto got attacked and Riku got caught in it," Roki whispered dropping his head. "Who?! Who attacked them?!" I shouted as angry tears glossed over my eyes. "Calm down first, you can't get like this while you're recovering," Roki spoke trying to calm me down.
       Letting out a low growl I forced myself out of bed being caught by Roki. "Please darling get back in bed," He pleaded. "I'm going to see my brother and nephew," I huffed. Sighing he looked over at Fujio who seemed to understand what he was saying. After watching Fujio leave he came back a few minutes later with a wheelchair.
       Sighing I sat down in it as Roki escorted me to see Haruto and Riku. Fujio and Jamuo broke off from us heading into see Tsukasa. "You have to rest after this," He spoke as we finally went into their room. A gasp left me as I saw them still unconscious in bed. Haruto was battered and beaten badly, a cast was on his left arm, a wrap his head, a neck brace, and a cast on his right leg. Looking over at Riku he had a wrap around his head, a cast on his right arm, and bandages littering his body.
      "I'll kill them," I seethed as tears left my eyes. "Want to go back?" Roki questioned. Giving a simple nod while dropping my head. Sighing Roki silently took me back towards my room. Instead of going into my room he took me into a different room. Looking up I saw my friends plus Housen's heads all in the room.
     "Yumi!" They called in unison. Looking around seeing their smiling faces caused a smile to find mine. "Hey everyone," I spoke. "Good seeing you awake," Shibaman spoke. "Good being awake. Also you two idiots stop blaming yourselves it wasn't your fault," I spoke pointing between Shibaman and Tsuji. My eyes darting to Nakagoshi and Kiyoshi. "You two are brave but next time don't let yourselves nearly get beat to death, we can't lose you," I sighed.
      My eyes going over to Shida. "How are you holding up? Also don't worry about Saboten, Yuken took care of him," I spoke flashing him a smile. "I'm good," He spoke giving a smile. Nodding my eyes finally landed on Tsukasa. "You don't blame yourself either. We were both restrained neither of us could help one another with what happened," I stated giving a reassuring smile.
      "It's good seeing you Mayumi," He spoke. Giving a nod and smile before looking at Jamuo. Narrowing my eyes causing the boy the swallow hard while trying to hide behind Fujio. "Jamuo," I stated. "Y-yes," He spoke stepping forward. "Who attacked Haruto and Riku?" I questioned. "Kamasaka and Ebara, Sameoka was with them," He whispered. "Sameoka?" I questioned.
          "Yeah," He confirmed. Sitting there I thought back to what he had told me before. "Where's my phone?" I questioned. "I have to get you a new one yours was broke," Roki spoke. Nodding I looked over at Yuken causing him to step forward. "What do you want?" He questioned. "I need to see Sameoka," I spoke causing the room to become tense.
      "But you're-," Roki started getting cut off. "I'm here," A familiar voice spoke from behind us. Looking over my shoulder seeing Sameoka standing there with flowers in his hand, and a fruit basket in the other. "Shoji can you take me back to my room we need to talk. Roki stay here please I can't handle this don't worry," I spoke. Sighing Roki moved out of the way as Shoji took me back to my room.
      Sighing I got back in my bed with his help, once I was situated my eyes glared at him. "You attacked my brother and nephew why?" I questioned. "Kamasaka was already attacking before I even noticed your nephew. Once I saw him I tried to stop it, even used my body to shield them the best I could. I sorry for what happened, they weren't supposed to be attacked. Amagai changed the plan last minute," He sighed while bowing to me.
        "Tell Amagai I'm coming for his head," I seethed. Sighing he nodded his head while putting the flowers and things next to me. Taking another look at me before stepping out of the room with his phone held to his ear. Coming back in a moment later holding it out to me. "Moshimoshi," I spoke. "The princess is declaring war with me already?" Amagai mused.
        "I alone will be coming for your head. This is between you and I and Kamasaka. Oya has nothing to do with it. Housen has nothing to do with it. Suzuran has nothing to do with it. Ebara has nothing to do with it. I'm coming for your head and Kamasaka's the moment I'm out of this hospital, you're both dead," I spat. "Should I tell Himuro and Gandhi the princess is coming?" He chuckled. "Tell Saboten too, I have a score to settle with you four and you four alone," I spat. "We'll be ready," He chuckled before the line went dead.
       "Mayumi," Shoji started. "If you tell anyone I'll have a score to settle with you as well," I spat glaring up at him. "Fine," He spoke stuffing his phone back in his pocket. "I mean it Shoji. You say anything about this to anyone I'll come for you alone," I spat. "I know," He sighed before taking his leave.
        Sighing I settled into my bed getting comfy as I let sleep take me away. These next few days are going to be hard, but I promise I'll have my revenge.