006

"GOOD MORNING, LITTLE FLAME

"GOOD MORNING, LITTLE FLAME." Ember heard the hybrids voice as she opened the kitchen cupboard. She couldn't deny the warmth that spread through her body at the mere sound of his voice, alongside the overwhelming sadness at the revelations of the previous night.

"Good morning," she mumbled, struggling the reach the box of cereal she wanted, she heard a whoosh and then she felt his body behind hers as his hand reached up the get the cereal for her. Her breath hitched at the closeness of their bodies and she inhaled deeply, trying to calm her erratic heart but it did little to help as the scent of his cologne flooded her senses, it was heavenly.

"Here," he handed it to her, coming to stand beside her with a knowing smirk on his face, "I like it."

She raised a brow, "What?"

"The way your body still reacts to me, your mind might not remember— but your body does."

She blushed, turning her attention to pouring the cereal into the bowl in front of her, "I don't know what you're talking about." She was a terrible liar and they both knew it.

He hummed, "I'll let you pretend a little while longer, Ember." He paused as the doorbell rang, "Ah, there is Marcels human obsession, time to get to work on dethroning the king."

"And where does a human lie in the grand scheme of things?" She guessed it was the human who had been at Marcels party, "It seems rather unfair to drag her into this mess."

"She is key to me getting to Marcel, little flame. A little compulsion, a little manipulation, it goes a long way in the grand scheme of things," he stepped closer, almost like he wanted to say something else but he stopped himself, instead placing a soft kiss to the temple of the Elemental, "Later, we need to discuss how we get those memories back. For now, eat and please stay out of trouble."

She rolled her eyes, "Yes, sir." She grumbled.

He chuckled as he left for the door.

•••

"So you're memories.. they're just gone?" Rebekah had questioned Ember as they sat at the table, the original was trying to find any indication as to what attic the teenage witch had thrown her out of.

"Seems that way." Ember sighed, she peered over at Hayley who was speaking with the witch, Agnes. Ember couldn't shake the feeling of unease around her and it didn't take more than a few seconds for Rebekah to cotton on.

"You don't think..?" She nodded subtly towards Agnes.

Ember gritted her teeth, "I have a very strong feeling."

Rebekah placed a hand over Ember's, "Don't worry, Em. We will find out how to get them back. You may not remember but my brother will stop at nothing to avenge those he loves. And you, my god, he loves."