Chapter Three

I laid down in my 'temporary' bed and thought about who he could be. He looked familiar, and I felt as if I should know him but I don't.

But what I decided I needed to do, was to see my mother.

She clearly doesn't like me but I need to know....

I went to Chiron and stated: "I'm going home for the weekend, I should be back soon. Maybe even tomorrow depending on how my day goes."

"Be careful Dorian, If you end up in trouble don't hesitate to return. We are short on yearly campers and can always use another" He responded.

"Uh.. Ok?" I said walking away. I looked for a semi-private area before picturing the place I needed to go and melting into the shadows. I reappeared in what looked to be New York, maybe Manhattan?

I needed to practice these shadow things, I thought.

I neared the nearest apartment complex looking for a person to tell me where I was. I knocked on the first door and asked the man indoors, "Hi, can you tell me where-" before getting interrupted as the gruff voice of the man said "scram kid, we doing things you ain't gotta see".

I played it safe and went to the next floor hoping the people would be nicer.

Knocking on the second door, a woman around late 30s- early 40s answered. She kindly smiled and asked me "Child, what is it you need?" I answered her with: "Hi ma'am, I would like to know where I am?" In a soft voice

"Manhattan of course please, come in. You look tired and I'm always eager to help" She replied. "Uh thanks?" I mumbled. "Of course, now can you call me Sally please" she asked. "Ok, my name is Dorian by the way" I said.

"So.. you know your godly parent yet?" she questioned. I looked at her shocked and apparently she read my expression because she said "Don't worry my son goes to that camp, I recognize the t-shirt". I was relieved that she wasn't planning on killing me, I think.

"Who's your son?" I asked. "Percy Jackson" she said sadly. "Why are you sad?" I questioned. "He's missing, I believe you probably heard stories of him or something but. He was the camps lead hero, he won wars but now he just disappeared, not a trace of where he went"

I look of realization crossed my face before I added. "So, he's the kid the campers talk about admiringly?"

"I guess, anyways I have cookies. They were mainly for Percy but he.." she choked up at the end. "He's missing for now, but I feel he is safe."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

They get to know each other and eventually Dorian decides he needs to actually go see his mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well Miss Sally thank you for the blue cookies and I hope your son returns, have a nice day" I said from the end of the hall.

"Bye Dorian" I faintly heard.

Alright so I'm in Manhattan, same place my mother lives in right.. gods why can't I remember anything.

I wandered around for a bit until I found a semi-familiar path. I walked along till I found the house she lives in.

Knocking on the front door, I pondered if I was doing the right thing. Coming here to question everything. Will she even know? Does she know already?

Before I knew it, the door was answered and the woman walked out with a bright smile only for it to fade once she saw my face. "What are you doing here Liam?" She asked. "Answer my questions and I'll leave, all I'm here for" I replied. "Fine, come on in, it's getting cold outside" She said begrudgingly.

"I assume you were hoping it was your 'boyfriend' at the door?"

She avoided answering by grabbing a drink from the fridge and saying "Fire away the questions"

"Who is my father?" I asked knowing the answer.

"You found out already eh?" "Anyways, your father is Erebus, primordial of the night. Blah blah blah, can ya hurry up, I'm kinda in a rush" She snapped.

"Why do you call me Liam?" "That's your name kid, I named you it when you were born, don't you know this?"

"My name is Dorian, Not Liam" I responded. "Ok, believe what you want" she murmured.

"Why don't you like me?" I asked finally.

"Look too much like your father, he ditched us anyways. After you were born he left around a month later" She said, eyes drifting as if she was remembering.

"Now are you done asking my dates gonna be here soon and I don't want them knowing I have a kid" She chided.

"Yeah, I'm gone" I muttered. I walked out her front door careful not to trip over the piles of clothes on the floor. She seemed to be getting ready in a rush.

Walking out, I ran into a man around 6'2 maybe in a fancy suit and said: "hope you last a day".

He stood there confused while I just jogged away.

Shadow-traveling back to camp, I hoped not to pass out on the way. Making it back to the cabin, I sat down and thought about the answers I got. Wasn't much but it's good for now.

Slowly falling asleep taking note of the already darkening sky. I didn't notice a certain blond haired doctor walk in to check up on me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wrote this in like 10 minutes, I had no time today. It took a day and it's probably trash but here y'all go my dear readers.

Probably useless but it's a step away from my writers block!

Love •Alexisabitch•

I depend on you readers, thanks for doing what you do best.