Chapter 10

Zenitsu pov

I found my self in a room which was dyed red with blood. Maybe all these blood helped the reincarnating demons to grow back quickly, but I couldn't be sure. I looked around for some time and eventually found a door. I had to find Tanjiro and get out of here. But since Tanjiro wasn't around I could be myself and not some village girl.

I take out a ribbon out from the inside of my haori and tied my hair up like I always used to do. And instead of thinking like Zera Yoshikawa, I thought of what I'd do as Zenitsu Agatsuma. I seemed to work. Suddenly my hearing amplified and I could hear like how I normally do.

This could also mean that I was as fast as before. I kept a gleeful smile and walked forward, trying to find Tanjiro and a way to escape. On my way I slayed plenty of demons with ease.

As I went further down the way that I was walking, I overheard two people bickering. One of them sounded very familiar. I went closer wanting to find out who the familiar voice was. Then I realized who it was. It was Genya. Genya Shinazugawa.

Even though I have only gone on one mission with him not counting the fight at infinity castle, I recognized his voice. He didn't wave me off, telling me that I was annoying. We even shared things about each other that we haven't told anyone. But that's a story for another day.

I removed the ribbon from my hair and thought of what an adventurous girl like Zera Yoshikawa would do. So I went to where the voices came from. Unfortunately my hearing diminished again.

I slowly creep up to them and spy in them to find out who the second person was. Saying I was shocked would be the understatement of the year. He was with the demon that killed Rengoku San. I wanted to confront him but I realized that if that had to be the case, I would also accidentally reveal who I am.

Wanting to catch their attention I purposefully step on a lifted plank which let out a loud creek. They both immediately turned their head towards me. "Who are you?" The demon asked. I held my katana trying to defend myself. "That's none of your business,demon" I reply, venom dripping heavily from my words.

I didn't know much about this demon. Tanjiro and Tomioka San where the ones who slayed him in the past. But did know that he was fast and also he was upper moon three. I would stand a chance against him as myself but in this disguise, I don't stand a chance. I internally groaned. So my choices where either reveal myself to Genya or die in the hands of this demon.

"I'm Genya Shinazugawa" Genya introduced himself. "Shinazugawa? You're related to Sanemi Shinazugawa, ex wind Hashira ?" I asked him. His eyes glinted of hope at the mention of his brother. He looked down for a moment and answered that they were brothers. Then he asked my how I knew his brother. I replied saying that I had met him once.

"We have to leave now, I'm not the only upper moon who is awake" Upper moon three said. "And what makes you think that we'll follow YOU?" I asked rolling my eyes at him. "Well...umm..Akaza San isn't under Muzan's command anymore. And he is the one who helped me escape" Genya said, shyly. I forgot how shy he was around women but this was the first time I had ever witnessed it.

But thinking back to what he said,I didn't know if I should trust him or not. While in my disguise, my hearing couldn't catch any glimpses of any emotions so I gave up on relying on it. But knowing Genya,he wouldn't do anything that would piss off his aniki. So I decided to trust them.

"I better not catch you doing anything suspicious" I said glaring at the demon. He chuckled nervously and replied "Don't worry, I don't kill women." "Am I supposed to call you a demon or would you give me your name" I asked still putting on my serious facade. "Akaza" He said with a grunt and started walking.