Dominic

Kate's POV:

Everyone clapped and cheered. I looked over peoples shoulders and around peoples jumping bodies.

I smiled and cheered when it started to play the first song, Pasture Child. It was one of my favourite songs and clearly was a lot of other peoples favourite too as they were all screaming it.

On about the fifth song, I looked over at Diana to see if she was having a good time. She looked like she was mesmerised. I brushed it off and thought she was just enjoying the music.

Out of nowhere, a fan from the crowd shouts out to Dominic.

'Would you ever date a fan?!' Someone shouts from the high stands.

He notices and he glances around the room, his eyes land on me.

'Gladly,' he answers and continues singing Florida while everyone else squeals at his answer.

I feel my cheeks burn red, but for some reason I felt confused. I was happy he noticed me, but he didn't notice me for the reason I wanted.

Like I said before, i'm not here because of his looks. Sure he's attractive, really, but I don't want him to notice me like that.

I want him to notice the die hard fan in me.

The fan who stayed up for every one of his new album releases, the fan who is his top listener on spotify, the fan who has been listening to his music since I was fourteen.

Diana shook me and squealed.

'Did you see that!? He looked right at you!' She laughed happily, 'it's about time you got a boyfriend!'

'What? Are you crazy? He isn't actually going to date me,' I said with a nervous laugh, 'he is famous, for gosh sake. He doesn't care about a random 22 year old.'

'A gorgeous random 22 year old he saw dancing to his music and now wants to marry her,' Diana said playfully, 'Can I be the bridesmaid?'

My eyes widened and I felt my face flush in colour.

Diana laughed, 'chill out! Does he really make you that nervous?'

'Okay, okay, that's enough!' I chuckled nervously and looked back at Dominic who had jumped off stage and was now singing to fans.

I caught eye contact with him. He winked and looked back at the girls he was singing to.

'Did you see that wink!? Oh my, he totally just...'

I zoned out, ignoring Diana and the bizarre words that were flying out her mouth.

I scrunched my face in confusion as to what I was feeling. It wasn't clear to me whether he was even attractive to me anymore.

I think it would be so cool to just be friends with a celebrity like Dominic. Not lovers.

If you dated a celebrity, all of his snotty, stuck up fake fan girls would say things like, 'She doesn't deserve him!' 'Theres so many girls prettier than her.' 'She definitely treats him horribly!'

I sighed, why was I even thinking about this? He is probably winking at all the girls, trying to be more attractive and make them squeal.

I looked back over at Diana, who had finally stopped talking. It upset me. I liked to hear her yap. After all, I did ignore her.

She was bopping her head and smiling, like she was enjoying herself a lot.

'You alright, Anna? They are good songs aren't they!' I nudged her arm.

'If I knew the lyrics I would sing along,' she said with a smile and laughed.

'I knew you would like his music,' I said with a warm smile.

'Look at him. He's so attractive! You're lucky. I'm sure a lot of girls would want to be in your position,' Diana says.

'My position?' I ask, Diana points towards the stage. I look over and see Dominic right next to me. Everyone was sticking their hands out to him as he sang Why.

I reached my hand out, purely to be included.

He gently grabbed my hand as he held the other with the microphone, he stared deeply into my eyes. He stopped singing the song to focus on me.

With confusion, I squeezed his hand. It woke him from his trance and he awkwardly let go and walked to the other side of the stage, continuing to sing.

I noticed Diana's jaw drop behind me.

'Did you s-!'

'I saw it,' I said with a laugh.