Chapter 14: Waterfall

"But the stars will never change. They shine the same no matter what happens."

- Katniss Everdeen, The Hunger Games

Training finally ended for Levi's squad and they were all in need of a shower, especially after staying under the heat the entire day

Training finally ended for Levi's squad and they were all in need of a shower, especially after staying under the heat the entire day. Adira was acting odd today. Sure they only ever properly interacted a few times since their official meeting but she was oddly quiet. What made things even more strange was the incident a while ago in the forest.

Never once had he seen someone lose focus while on air. He remembered that cold gaze, it was the same to the ones she had while he was still in the underground and she was still a runner for the hunger games. That spine shivering stare was there and it disappeared the moment she closed her eyes and gave out the same smirk. It was all a facade and he could now tell.

After ordering his squad to take the rest of the day off and do other duties, he looked around to find Adira. Her white hair would make her easy to spot. Yet she was nowhere to be found.

Then again why should he care? He didn't bother striking a conversation with his squad unless needed, not even when they were hurt. So her, of all people, not only was she not injured, but she was just new to the team. She hasn't even seen what was outside the walls so what caused him to be so drawn to her?

He needed to clear his head that was filled with nothing but Adira. The same nostalgic thoughts as to when he still watched the hunger games and would always look forward to seeing her fight.

Just then he remembered the small waterfalls inside the forest just a few feet away from the ODM training tracks. Maybe he could use that time to cool off with the waterfall sounds and the cold water. Call it a reward for staying under the sun and a form of massage for his aching muscles.

On his way there, he could already imagine the soothing sensation of the cold water hitting his back and relieving his muscles from any of the strain and pain he felt from days of training and overworking himself because of that damn Adira. But why, why of all places was she here?

Why of all times and places in the entire area was the white haired person he was just thinking of under the waterfalls. Why of all the choices did Adira have that she chose to shower in the waterfalls naked?

"I swear one day you'll just randomly pop up when I'm handling knives or naked or something." Wasn't that what she said just a few nights before. And walls, did it really have to come true? Randomly popping up while she's naked? Her back was facing him and he could see every scar on her body. There were some small ones and some big ones, it was twice as much scars than he had, if not more.

Before he could even make a move to head back to the rundown castle, Adira spoke up and turned to look directly at the direction to where he was. "So you do just randomly pop up out of nowhere."