Chapter 3-The Teasing

Start from the beginning

Mira frowned, "Oh. By the way, I saw Mikael's new teacher and she seems very nice. Nicer than that old cow who liked to pick on Mikael and his friends."

Erik frowned, "You think she's nice just by looking at her?"

Mira rolled her eyes and looked up to the ceiling as though it could grant her strength, "Yes. Females can do that. She seems very lovely and caring. Why do you think I didn't make a fuss when you had to dispose of Mikael's old teacher?"

"What? You knew about that?" I raised my eyebrows and glared accusingly at Erik. He raised his hands up, "I didn't tell her."

Mira snorted and scoffed at us, "What? Of course I know. You can't hide anything from me."

"Well you shouldn't know about these kind of stuff!"

Mira crossed her arms, "I'm your girlfriend Erik. I know what I got into when I decided to be with you and had your son. Also, I came from a family who are criminals and involved in gangs. I'm not that ignorant."

"Still! You shouldn't know any of this. It's not right for you to know so much." Erik argued.

At this, Mira's expression changed from indignation to anger and hurt flashed across her face as well. "Am I not important enough in your life that you can't share anything with me?"

I sighed and rubbed my hands over my face while Erik and Mira started arguing. Eventually, it would lead to Mira winning and Erik trying to get into her good graces. This was going to be a long night.

***

Miranda Barone's POV

It was Saturday and today, I was moving into my apartment with Alex and Christopher's help. After the incident which I had decided to call the Slade incident. I was pretty reluctant to be staying on my own and yet I wanted to. I knew if I told Alex that I kinda assaulted Slade Kolosov, he would surely prevent me from staying on my own.

I grabbed my clothes and made my way down and again, the presence of the guards here in Alexi's home unnerved me. It was as if I was constantly being watched.

"Hey Mel, ready to get moving to your apartment? My men have already brought all your belongings there and today Chris and I will be there to help you with whatever you want us to do." Alex grinned and I nodded.

"Yeah I'm ready now. Where's Chris?" I asked as we walked out to my car. Alex shrugged, "I don't really know. I think he's still in bed with that blonde from last night."

I shrugged nonchalantly and got into my car and started driving. "So how was the first day of work yesterday? Did those brats give you a hard time?"

I laughed, "Why do you call the children brats? All of them were very well behaved and lovely." Especially the child, Mikael, he had won me over quickly. He was such a shy adorable boy.

Alex snorted and rolled his eyes, "Whatever, let's get packing or unpacking." He sighed heavily as we got out of the car.

As I drove, Alexi and I started catching up on six years worth of conversations. "I can't really believe that you are moving out already." Alexi muttered.

I rolled my eyes and shot him a playful glare. "I only stayed under your roof for two days. Besides we're in the same city. I can always drive over or you can come visit me."

Alexi scoffed, "I don't see why you have to move out. My home is always open to you and it has many guards to ensure your safety."

I frowned and turned left on the road, "Yes, speaking of that. Why do you need so much protection? You're an honest businessman who only owns a chain of casinos. Why the need for so much security? Unless you're doing something illegal." The idea of my brother being involved in something illegal was ludicrous but yet it explained the need for security.

Alexi frowned and rolled his eyes before groaning loudly, "Miranda, don't you think that if I was involved in something like that, you would know? After all you know me better than anyone. I could never be involved in anything illegal. I am nothing but an honest business man. The guards are to guard my home and myself. There are rival companies that would love to take a hit at me so they could get my company, thus the guards."

I nodded, that did make sense. After all, my brother was the one who tied my hair into pigtails when I was younger. He couldn't be involved in gangs or whatnot. I was probably watching too much television dramas. "Alright. I was just worried. I don't want you to get hurt. You're the only family I have." I said quietly.

Alexi gave me a crooked grin, "Nothing will happen to me Mel. Trust me." I nodded and I drove on, the subject forgotten as we talked about other stuff.

Later when we were finally done unpacking. I slumped into my sofa exhausted while Alex was lying on the ground snoring away. Feeling icky from the sweat and the grime, I took a cold shower. Towelling my hair, I gently shook Alex awake and he grumbled at me, "What the heck?"

I rolled my eyes before pulling his slumped body onto the sofa. "You'll be more comfortable here." Alex mumbled his thanks before going back to snoring again. I placed a blanket over Alex in case he got cold and got into bed.

I felt pretty bad that we had stayed up late unpacking until Alex had to crash onto my sofa to sleep when he had a fairly big comfortable bed back in his mansion. On the other hand, I was thankful and relieved that he would be staying with me.

I was afraid that Slade would search for me and send his minions to kill me for assaulting him with my knee and can of pepper spray. However, I felt better that Alex was here. His presence brought about a sense of security and peace like a security blanket.

Also, I guessed if Slade Kolosov was really the terrible man that Alex had made him out to be, he would've found me by now. He wouldn't wait till the sun set to do away with me. With that comforting thought, I bit my lip and went to sleep.

***

Dedicated to alegnaelle for her comment!