Climbing up higher steps-4

(didn't do a PROPER proof reading...ignore mistakes, if any are there)

Arohi's pov:

I can't believe it's been almost a year since we shifted. I still remember the moment when Abhimanyu planned everything to support me in my career. A lot has changed in this one year. Before that, we claimed to be friends, but I probably didn't know what friendship actually means. But in this one year, the bond that Abhimanyu and I established is what is infamously known as friendship. I couldn't analyze this earlier because I never had a friend, neither in my childhood nor after I became a doctor. For namesake, of course, I had many people around me to call friends. Probably it's my own mistake. In my hunger to achieve first place and be the topper in every field I stepped into, I never let myself have the time to make friends. Except Neil, I had no other friend. After Neil left, I put my whole concentration into Roohi. I wanted to raise Roohi like any other child so that she doesn't miss her father. I wanted to reflect Neil through me.

Roohi was a premature baby when she was born; she needed my attention at that time. I had already lost Neil. I couldn't afford to shatter down and cause another loss in my own life. I had a child growing in me.I needed my child to live the longest life possible. Since then, I gave all my attention to her. I never made friends after Neil.

But, Abhimanyu...

Abhimanyu, he has done a lot of things for me in this one year. I could have managed Roohi by myself, but he decided to put his career at stake so that I can peacefully excel in mine. I have no clue why he went to this extent. I don't know why he cared about my career. I don't know what is going on in my mind. A year back, I had a million questions storming in my brain. I asked myself the same, why Abhimanyu was doing all these? But, now... I am not bothered about that. Rather, I am bothered about how I'll repay his favors on me back. I can't tell how much grateful I am to him. He took care of Roohi, he left his family. He dropped his position and took care of our home. Yes... our home. Roohi's, mine, and Abhimanyu's.

Indeed, in a few days, it would become our home. It's three of ours' room when I'll be shifting there. I don't know how I and Abhimanyu living in the same house would shift the dynamics between us. I just hope nothing changes. I just want everything to stay the way it is. I want Abhimanyu and Roohi's bond to be maintained the way it is. I don't know what name I would give to their bond. Whatever it is, it is beautiful and no one can intervene in it. Not even me. And I am happy with that fact.

*****

It's been three weeks since I went home to meet Roohi. The work I had was hectic here. A lot to study, a lot of patients to examine, etc. I am super excited to go home altogether today. I don't have to stay in this hostel anymore. I don't have to hear the echo of loneliness in me yearning for my Roohi's love. Now, that I can see my Roohi's face every night I sleep after this, I feel like I am actually breathing.

I missed them. Them? Well, yes. I missed not only Roohi, but Abhimanyu as well. It's been a while since I talked to him the last time. But still, it feels like years. The last time we talked, we talked about something related to our family budget. Though we aren't a family, our discussion, our togetherness all feel like a family. And the person who induced this, the credits for this togetherness, completeness, all goes to Dr. Abhimanyu Birla.

*****

Abhimanyu's pov

Finally, Arohi will be completely shifting here tonight. She'll stay with us after this. We three would stay together and run this house together. And I feel nothing can be better than this feeling. The last time I spoke with Arohi ,was about how much I should pay to the grocery store owner. She usually buys groceries every week on credit and would pay all the bills together at the end of the month. But since she hadn't come in the last three weeks, a few bills with her, and I called her to ask about the amount I had to pay according to the bills she had with her. that was the last call I made. After that, we only texted through messages. I knew she was busy. Her first year was coming to an end, and the load might be hectic. Past one week, we didnt even exchange text messages.