A pledgeling's promise

"Are you even..." Leon began.

"Wait was that Carter?" Coldar pointed to nothing. The body that had fallen was gone.

"Cami, dang!" Ryu snorted.

Then the wind picked up. A dust storm tornado began in the center of the group. Lightening flashed within it.

"No way! They're incorporating Nagisa!" Coldar cried out. He leaned slightly forward.

"What? Who?" Ryu asked.

"Carter has the ability to turn into wind, smoke. It is how he has been able to slip in and see you." Skye was next to them.

"Cami has an infinity with Earth. She can manipulate the ground, rocks, things like that. So when she runs, with Carter all about her..." Leon smiled.

"It looks like a wind tunnel." Fenn whispered.

"Add in that little lightening freak..." Race snickered.

A beam of light shot out of the wind tunnel. Someone cried out in pain. Marcus flashed by so fast, they only caught the streak of white from his hair.

"Yet none of them, not one, has landed a hit on you?" Benji asked. He walked up next to his sons with his partner.

Chramella smiled at the group gathered round. Her intense eyes flashed over the fighting. She became a statue as she watched the swift movements of the Romanari children.

"Marcus, Mori and Lucifer." Reginald said.

"Coldar has yet to disarm me." Rivile stated as he appeared next to Reginald.

"Did Race?" Ryu asked.

"Once, before..." Rivile turned his attention to the fighting.

His eyes darted around. It was apparent he was trying to watch one particular fighter. The twins were obvious, since they kept up their whirlwind antics. Coldar commented on this.

"It's how they know to fight." Krysatl said.

"They both can do the basics in hand to hand, enough to survive without their twin, but..." She hissed as a blow landed on Nagisa.

The young teen collapsed on the ground, but it was only long enough for him to wipe the smear of blood from his lip. He was gone a second later. Krystal smiled.

"That kid will die fighting." Isaac insisted.

"I hope not." Reginald said. He handed the baby he held to Krystal.

"Don't hurt them." She instructed.

"Nagisa will patch them up." Reginald stepped forward.

"Oh shit!" Race bit his knuckle as he watched, the head of the vampire clan, walk toward the fighting siblings.

"Damn, daddy!" Fenn whistled.

Carter broke free of Cami, he seemed to be the only one to notice their father. He tried to obscure the older man's sight. A missile came through the wind storm. Nagisa was batted aside, without Reginald missing a step. Lucifer and Mori appeared above the chaos.

There was a moment, the fighting stopped. The siblings lined up facing the man who sired them all. Marcus waved a finger in a circle. His siblings surrounded their father. Reginald stood tall, not dropping into a fighting stance.

"There's ten of us now." Xavier giggled.

"Eleven, you idiot!" Collin snorted.

Nagisa was at Reginald's back. He slipped the staff from his own back. Then, to everyone's shock, he threw it aside.