Ch:11 Ae Dil Hai Mushkil

Ishan's pov:

As I arrived home, warm hugs enveloped me, with my mum squeezing me tightly. In their comforting presence, I momentarily set aside the tangled thoughts concerning Shubman that plagued my mind.

Realizing that constantly dwelling on the situation was not so mature of me, I resolved to give myself a break and allow my mind the space it needed to process things. Redirecting my focus towards my family.

Yet, beneath the surface, I harbored a longing to confide in my parents about my inner turmoil regarding Shubman and my own identity.
However, the fear of their reaction to my sexuality and my relationship with Shubman held me back. They remained unaware, assuming our connection was merely platonic.

"What happened beta? Your friend Shubman didn't come along?" my mum remarked, chuckling.

"He got a holiday too, so he went to Punjab," I replied, keeping my response light.

Despite my efforts to push thoughts of Shubman aside, I knew the universe would resurface, reminding me of his presence in my life.

______

Flashback:

"Shubhieee, let's go," Sara called out, sitting inside the car.

Shubman was instructed by her father to accompany her on their shopping excursion for their wedding.

"Shubhiee, Papa insists on gifting you an expensive sherwani of my choice," she continued, feigning sadness.
"But I don't want to do this if you're not happy about the wedding."

"Let's go," was Shubman's only response, showing no outward reaction to her words.

"Sorry, Shubhie," Sara said, turning her face towards the car window, pretending to feel guilty and coerced. However, a smile crept onto her face as she turned away.

Arriving at the finest sherwani shop, Sara was brimming with excitement as she selected, decided, and customized the perfect sherwani.

However, Shubman remained disinterested, his thoughts lingering on the man he had left behind to accompany Sara.

Ishan never woke up alone; Shubman was always by his side. It saddened Shubman to contemplate how these changes would affect Ishan.

"Shubman, look, this is perfect for you," Sara exclaimed, pointing at the screen displaying the customized sherwani design.
The shop had the capability to tailor the sherwani according to the customer's preferences, showcasing the design in real-time on the screen.

The sherwani was truly stunning, adorned in elegant white with intricate golden stitches that added to its allure. Complete with a belt and a regal pagdi, it exuded an air of royalty and sophistication.

 Complete with a belt and a regal pagdi, it exuded an air of royalty and sophistication