The Virgin Girl (26)

Chapter 26

Silence. Completely awkward silence filled the car. Which is completely normal when you're asked a question like that. You can never be casual when asked if you're a virgin. Because, you're talking about your virginity.....not the weather.

I've expected this. When people meet me, and find out that Im a total badass/perv they usually assume Im not a virgin. And, that I probably lost my virginity during a house party. Which isn't true. So, Im not completely shocked when Nick wanted to find out too.

I just never expected this question so soon. Now, don't assume since Im silent that Im not a virgin. Im just in total shock. But, since it's been silent for at least five minutes Nick is probably assuming the answer.

"S-so....you're n-not a.....a virgin." Nick stated, cheeks tainted pink and lips parted. He didn't even ask he just assumed. And, that's why five seconds later I stormed out of the car and walked away.

I crossed my arms and walked along the beach. Which was not surprisingly full. Since school was still in, all the people that hang out at the beach are in school. Ignoring my name being called I started to run along the beach. Away from Nick.

Why would he assume that Im not a virgin? Okay, so maybe the silence didn't really help, but you can't just assume. He didn't even give me time to answer. What an ass. An ass that I love. Damn.

I slowed down and sat down in front of the beach. The waves reaching my toes. Someone sat next to me, and I already knew who it was. I sighed, and looked over at Nick who was already staring at me.

"Im sorry." He said, his ocean blue eyes saying it all. I nodded but didn't say anything else. The silence was becoming too much, and I knew it was now or never.

"Nick, I've done a lot of stupid ass things during my dark ages. But, I drew the line when it came to having sex. And, when you just.....assumed that I wasn't a virgin. It.......it hurt Nick." I said, cursing myself when my voice cracked at the end.

Nick enveloped me in his arms, "I know, Emmy. And, Im so sorry. You have every right to call me an ass if you want." I smiled leaning my head on his shoulder,

"Ass." He chuckled, and I laughed along with him. It became silent, but comfortable silence. Not the awkward silence that invaded us back in the car. I sighed and closed my eyes. The soothing ocean waves becoming my lullaby.

The only thing I remember before falling asleep was Nick kissing the top of my head and whispering, "I love you, Emma." And then I let the darkness take over.

"What have you done with my daughter?! Is she dead?!" I heard my mom yell, and then I heard a loud smack echo across wherever I was.

"I didn't do anything. She's asleep. Mrs. Kinley." I heard Nick say.

"Really? Well, my phone has been going off for the last three hours. Liz is going insane. Claiming you kidnapped her! Is it true? Did you kidnap my daughter?!" Maybe I should open my eyes before my mom pops a vein. Wait, what am I saying? This is just too entertaining. I'll give it another five minutes.

"If I kidnapped her, why would I bring her here?" Nick reasoned.

"You brought her here for your alibi. Because, you kidnapped her!"

"I have a craving for Chinese. Who wants Chinese?" A new voice entered the conversation.

"Shut up Grant!" Both Mom and Nick yelled.

".....So, Im taking that as a yes. Chinese take-out on the way." There was another large smack. Followed by an ouch. Okay, I guess this is my cue to open my eyes. I slowly opened my eyes to see Nick and Grant rubbing their cheeks.