𝟬𝟭𝟯 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅

Start from the beginning

"so," mikayka says, tapping her metal spoon on the counter. "how'd you sleep? especially after all of those replies to your comments on abel's post," she hides a chuckle at chris' obvious jealousy.

"i slept great remembering that nine thousand people know you're my girlfriend," chris leans towards her with a small smirk growing on his face.

mikayla smiles before remembering their small argument yesterday. "fake girlfriend," she corrects him.

chris shakes his head, "same thing." miks rolls her eyes before chris speaks up again, "so..."

"so," she repeats while a crease appears between her eyebrows. it's obvious that they both don't know how to correctly address what happened yesterday. "um...i think i'm just gonna go get ready for school."

chris watches her place the cereal box back on the shelf before she makes her way to the guest bedroom. he wants to call mikayla's name and tell her to wait, maybe even apologize, but he doesn't. that's not what he normally does, and he doesn't want to change his ways just because of her. it's harsh, but he simply cannot fall for mikayla.

but chris is slowly regretting the decision to just let her walk away. ne doesn't want to show it, rather choosing to act nonchalant. as he's leaning on the fridge after getting a pepsi, matt enters the kitchen with his eyebrows furrowed. they're brothers, so matt can already tell that chris has something on his mind with the way he's been acting recently.

matt clears his throat. "can you hurry up and get ready? or you can walk to school on your own."

"yeah whatever," chris mutters, not even paying attention to what matt is actually saying. matt wants to say something and question what's on chris' mind but a part of him feels like he already knows.

          he has a strong gut feeling that mikayla's involved and it has something to do with what he overheard yesterday, but instead of annoying chris with multiple questions about their fake relationship, he chooses to keep them to himself for now. "how's you and mikayla?" matt questions as he taps on the kitchen counter. he's curious and can't help asking. "even though i watch you flirt with multiple other girls."

chris groans loudly. "nah, i think i just need to stop focusing on girls," he says with a sigh. and by that, he means he's going to stop being a player because he has a feeling that he knows what he wants.

or rather, who he wants.

Matt's driving the minivan to school with nick in the passenger seat for once. mikayla's in between nate and chris while maria, mason and lucille sit in the row of seats behind. everyone else is conversing or singing along to the songs that nick chose, except for chris and mikayla.

it's obvious that there's still tension they both refuse to address, so they'd rather sit awkwardly next to each other. miks is on her phone and chris sneakily glances at her, and how beautiful she looks.

he notices the messy strand of hair, wanting to fix it before she does but he doesn't. he notices the way she's grinning at a video on her phone, wanting to question what she's laughing at but he doesn't. chris has a hunch that mikayla's still mad at him based on the way the only word she's said to him all day is 'thanks' which he pretends to not be mad at, but deep down he is.