Vishal and Layla by caralogue

| Vishal and Layla by caralogue |

Vishal and Layla — a bite sized read for my heart to get all sassy yet marshmallow.

the enemies to lovers trope, the academic rivalry, the highschool vibe, the third person narration (my most favourite part of the story btw), the bonus fact sheet, the avoidance of melodrama and the cute little vibe of the story — all of it had my heart in a volcanic explosion of butterflies!

laila — a person I aspire to be. vishal — a person I half am, and half simp on. (does it mean I simp on myself? let's not talk about it. : | )

love the small little contrasting features in the story — the ones which seem so eerily odd at first but start making sense later, all because they break the stereotypes of a typical enemies to lovers.

i read this book a year back, the time it was an ongoing book. the book had gripped me so hard and trapped me so tightly in its world, i used to eagerly look out for my notifications just to recieve that dose of an update. and mind you, every notification jumped my heartbeat!

this story holds so many emotions for me, which is probably why i re-read it a lot often, and if you haven't read it yet, hey, how's it under that rock? having a good time there?

alright, sorry but i really recommend you to give it a try, i swear you're gonna thank me for such an amazing recommendation!

the squeals, the aww-s, the feet kicking the air, the big grin on your face — these are some of the specialities of Cara!

and as Jake Peralta said it for Taylor Swift, I'll say it for Cara—
"she makes me feel things!"

so, my dear favourite caralogue, here's a present to you, from me!

hope you like it! <3

•••

behind the art

i wanted to create a really school vibe cover for this one, obviously because of the setting of the story itself. that's when the idea struck me — what if I try writing the names using some symbols, now that could be fun, right? hence, the idea came to life via Canva's help!

•••

find the link attached to the book in the inline comment here!