early morning • 4/24/24

these are the rules in my head about crying:

- you can't cry when someone else is crying. if you do, you're copying them, and you're attention-seeking and fake.

- you can't want to cry and want someone to help you. if you do, you're attention-seeking and fake.

- you can't cry alone. you'll trick yourself into thinking everything you've ever experienced and everything you've felt in the moments you think of was valid. it's not and you're wrong, so wrong. don't be so stupid.

- you can't cry in front of family members. it gets weird and they don't care about helping. if you don't want them to help anyways, you're weird. if you do, you're attention-seeking and fake. if you cry in front of them, you're attention-seeking and fake.

- you can't cry in front of friends. they don't know how to help and it's disgusting to expect them to. if you do, you're attention-seeking, fake, and inconsiderate.

and of course, the last and most important rule:

- these only apply to you. not to anyone else. if you were ever to unimaginably push these on someone, you would be so wrong. you might as well go writhe in a corner and cry because nothing else matters anymore.

wow first time i've ever thought to put those into words haha

social anxiety's kinda a bitch isn't it

please don't follow these