"You're going to make me change my rule about kissing on a first date." We sat down and watched the sky as our hands slowly moved towards each other, our fingers intertwined.

I woke up in the morning, took a shower, got dressed, and went downstairs to the kitchen. Alfred asked preparing some coffee. "You came late last night Master Bruce. How was your date with Miss Crown I forgot to ask?"

I sat down at the counter, thinking about last night. I smiled. "She is.... like no other." I finished my coffee then went to work. I had a few calls to make, a meeting in the afternoon and a gala night.

I was standing next to the floor length mirror in my room, getting dressed for my gala. And I wasn't alone. She was keeping me company. "Why aren't there many things in your room?"

Ro was sitting on my bed and watched me get dressed. She came early. "I don't need them."

"You should leave before anyone sees you here", I suggested. Only thing was missing was my...

"It's not the first time to be in your room. Why is now any different?" Layla was laying next to her on the floor.

Where I left it?

"You know why." In my room. With me. Alone. You get the point.

"By anyone you mean someone?" I looked around, searching for it. "Who is it? Your quests?"

"Burton?" More as if Commissioner. I can imagine him breaking in my room with gun in his hands.

Layla woke up and exited the room, giving us some privacy as I walked up to her and put my hands on each side of her body and leaned in. She couldn't move. She stared at my lips as I looked down at her. "What are you doing?"

"You're sitting on it." At first she didn't understand then she looked down at saw it.

"Your tie. For a second I thought you were...", her voice trailed off. She handed me the tie.

"It's not as if I wasn't thinking of it", I admitted trying to tie it around my neck.

It's no use. I still don't know how to do it. She watched me struggle and decided to help, surprising me.

She tied my tie and wrapped her arms around my neck. "Are you planning to do anything about it? Any time soon?"

"I thought I have to wait for the second date", I complained a bit.

"I'm sorry about that." I wrapped my arm around her waist and cupped her cheek with my other hand. Our lips were inches apart. It was what we both wanted. It was a perfect moment.

"Ahem", Alfred coughed, standing at the doorframe. It was open. "Your quests are here sir. And so is Mr. Crown."

She moved aside, worried about Burton and ran out of my room. "I... I'll see you downstairs Bruce!"

She ran past Alfred at the doorframe. "Again Alfred? Seriously?"

Alfred looked aside, ashamed. "I apologize Master Bruce."

The ballroom was filled with people. They were mostly talking and drinking. I stopped and talked to a few.

"You seem to pick them knowing there's no chance for a serious relationship. You made an exception with the Crown one. Why is that Bruce? Has she gotten under your skin or something?" Pierce Chapman asked waving the glass wine in his hand.

"... or something", I muttered. I don't remember inviting Pierce and I couldn't see Ro anywhere nor Burton. I hoped she didn't get into trouble for being alone with me in my room.