Chapter 1: Departure

Vesper stood at the edge of the bustling train platform, a sense of restlessness gnawing at his insides. He longed for escape, for a journey that would take him far from the worries and obligations of his everyday life. With a heavy sigh, he approached the ticket counter, the anticipation of adventure coursing through his veins.

"New York, please," Vesper requested, his voice tinged with excitement.

The ticket agent glanced up from his paperwork, his brow furrowing in confusion. "New York? You mean... a very strange city name?"

Vesper's heart skipped a beat at the agent's words, a sense of unease settling over him like a shroud. "No, I mean New York," he replied, his voice wavering slightly.

The agent's expression remained impassive as he handed over the ticket, the name of the destination printed in bold letters: "Eclipsis."

Vesper's hand trembled as he accepted the ticket, his mind reeling with confusion. Eclipsis? He had never heard of such a place. Could it be a mistake? Or perhaps some obscure destination he had overlooked in his travels?

Shaking off his doubts, Vesper made his way to a bench near the platform, the weight of the ticket burning a hole in his pocket. He needed to clear his mind, to make sense of this unexpected turn of events.

As he sat in silence, the rhythmic sound of footsteps echoing against the concrete, Vesper couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched. He glanced around, but the platform was deserted save for a few scattered travelers lost in their own thoughts.

With a sigh, Vesper retrieved the ticket from his pocket, his fingers tracing the letters of the unfamiliar city's name. Eclipsis. What secrets did it hold? And why did it seem to beckon to him like a siren's song?

Lost in thought, Vesper barely noticed the approach of the train, its sleek metal exterior glinting in the fading sunlight. With a sense of determination, he boarded the train, his heart pounding with anticipation as he embarked on a journey into the unknown.

Little did he know, his decision to board that train would set into motion a chain of events that would change the course of his life forever.