Is MBTI real?

Yes.

You can't argue against it successfully.

Here is the simple truth, if you say mbti isn't real than you are saying that humans aren't:
Introverted, extroverted, intuitive, observing, thinking, feeling, judging or perspective.
Which they obviously are.

Where is the evidence?
Take a look around you! How do people behave? How do they make decisions?
These characteristics play a part in this!

Mbti also isn't putting you into a box and saying everyone is the same in that box!
There are percentages of characteristics that change a lot when it comes to the type and just because you have two ISTJ's that doesn't mean they will be using the same cognitive function at the same time.

Mbti is useful in understanding yourself and others. It helps us to work on ourselves and achieve self-actualization!

In comparison to things like the Enneagram, I believe mbti is so much more useful and accurate.

The Enneagram's main focus is on a core wound/fear. Our fears don't always control our personality! Our fears don't define us or control us.
How can they predict the effect of every fear is the same in each person that has the fear! I may be closest to type 1w9 but I don't always behave that way. Often I behave more like a type 4 or 5.
Also what is the cause and effect?! Can't my personality effect what I'm scared of!

This rant was started by a debate I witnessed where one side argued that the Enneagram was more meaningful and deep than mbti.
That really annoyed me because as you can see I don't believe that! I know MBTI in more detail so maybe there is something redeeming in the Enneagram that you notice in deeper reflection into it?

On a side note, my ESTJ Mum really has to understand that I am an INTROVERT and don't want to go to group sports and drama workshops because I'm terrified and don't like meeting new people!