05

Claire's POV:
The fact that she had called me baby made me blush but I hoped that she didn't see the slight colour changes. When the barista called out our names we got the coffee and left. We decided to go for a little walk in the park nearby. "Thank you, you didn't have to do this you know? Buy me a coffee? In fact I'm the one that should've bought one for you since I spilled mine onto you. I just think it's-" I got cut off by a slight bump, the blondes elbow slightly pressed into my shoulder. "Stop rambling baby, everything is alright. I in fact wanted to buy you one tho, got it?" Her smile was so beautiful. The way she showed her teeth while smiling was just so mesmerising. They have a perfect white shade to them, which makes her smile even more beautiful. Her haircut fit her face perfectly and the light curls made her look even hotter.

"You okay? You've been staring at me for a while now." She grinned, making me look away abruptly with a stupid smile on my face. "Sorry." I said and scratched the back of my neck with my right hand. "So your name is Claire, I like it, it suits you a lot." she looked at me with a soft smile on her lips. "Yeah um- oh god I'm sorry, I forgot to ask you for your name. I'm so stupid I- what's your name?" A big look of embarrassment on my face but she didn't seem to care. "You're cute when you're rambling. I'm Reneé." At this point something should've clicked in my brain but it didn't. "How come I've never seen you before?" she asked me, taking a sip of her coffee. "I just moved here." I told her. "Oh wow cool! Where are you from?" she actually seemed interested. "I'm from New York but I wanted to give my life a refresh and decided to move across country." I explained, leaving the problematic part out because why would she care? "That's cool! Do you have a job yet?" "Actually yes, I applied in this cute bakery, it's about 15 minutes away from here, yesterday night they told me I can start next month. I just need my savings to last these two weeks. I also don't really have a lot of furniture in my apartment at the moment." I told her and she listened interested to what I was telling her. "But what about you? Are you directly from here?" i asked her curiously. "No I'm not, I was born in Huntersville, North Carolina. I moved to New York when I was nineteen. I worked there but I moved to California a few years ago." "Oh wow, so you've been around a lot." I say, watching her take a sip of her drink. "Yeah, I mean I guess you could say that." she smiled softly. "Why were you like literally running the other day?" I was genuinely curious about the situation that had happened a few days ago. "I was on my way to work and already running late so I was pretty stressed. I didn't even mean to 'what the fuck' you, the situation just kind of overwhelmed me at that point." she explained, kinda starting to ramble like I did before. "You're telling me not to ramble so much but then you start rambling yourself. You're so silly." I couldn't help but grin at her.  "Don't worry 'bout it, it's cute." I said so she wouldn't feel embarrassed about it. "It's almost 6:30, do you want to grab something to eat or do you have plans for tonight with friends or something?" she asked me with a little hopeful look that I was free tonight. She kind of seemed a little interested in me which I couldn't complain about. But she's so gorgeous and I look so- myself. I'm pretty sure I just made things up at this point. I let out a small sigh, letting all of the voices win once again. "Hey are you okay? I'm sorry if I overstepped anything or something." she gave me an apologising look but I shook my head in instant. "No you didn't, sorry. And yes, I am free." I smiled which made her smile as well. "Where do you want to go?"she asked. "Uhm I don't know, Sweet Green?"I suggested,shrugging. "Fuck yeah! It's my favourite!" She exclaimed, making me grin. "What a coincidence, it's my favourite as well!" we started laughing and I felt my heart flutter a little as I heard her laugh. It was so beautiful.

Reneé's POV:
"Do you want to drive with me in my car? It's not as big as yours but yeah.. we could get yours later so we could talk while getting there. And honestly I don't know where a sweet green is located so you have to show me.." Claire rambled,again. I didn't mention it though, it was cute as hell and I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable or anything. "Oh shut up it's just a car and absolutely, I'd love that!" I told her. "Okay then, come on, get in!" I did as she said so, taking place on the passenger seat. She started driving while I directed her. "Do you mind if I play some music?" she asked. "No not at all, let's see if you've got taste." I teased and she laughed. Two songs had played when suddenly I heard a familiar beat. Then the lyrics started.

"Today, I woke up in a good mood for once."

My face turned into a deep red mess and I shoved my hands into my face. Claire was so focused on driving that she didn't even notice. "You do have good taste I guess." I said, never been more embarrassed ever in my life. "Huh, what do you me- uh OH SHIT!" She yelled out, the colour of her face now matching mine. "I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE I-I KNEW THAT YOU HAD A FAMILIAR APPEARANCE. I'M SO SORRY
I-" she was so much more embarrassed than I was and I felt bad. "Calm down baby don't worry, keep your eyes on the traffic otherwise you're gonna get us killed by crashing into someone's car." I was just laughing so hard at this point, why was I thinking she didn't know me? I didn't even care, It felt good with her around and I didn't want this to affect anything.

————————————————————————
Author's note:
Wohooooo Claire finally found out!!!

Thank you for 500 reads y'all!!

Sorry for bad spelling, I kinda rushed this.

Vote and comment or else you're just homophobic.

Love you guys, Ninaa<333