Climbing up higher steps -1

" What is this, Arohi? You had plans to go abroad to do your MS? Did you forget that you are a mother? Didn't you think about Roohi? And what expectation of yours didn't we fulfil that you want to leave us all behind and go?" Manjari shouted in front of everyone.

Manjari had come across the envelope containing a scholarship offer for Arohi's MS when she went to Arohi's room to keep something. Anger flustered in her after reading the letter in the envelope. She couldn't let Neil's daughter suffer without a mom alone. She wondered why Arohi wanted to leave her child and go to the US. Did her hunger for her career overshadow her love for her daughter? How could she be so selfish?

Abhimanyu, along with others, was shocked to hear the news as well. He thought about Roohi, who was in school, and worried about how she might feel if she knew about this.

"Ma, actually..." Arohi tried to explain.

"Enough, Arohi. You can't go anywhere when you have a child. If you have such plans, then you can straightforwardly disown Roohi. We'll take care of her," Manjari finished.

"One minute, Ma!" Abhimanyu interrupted.

"I am sure Arohi didn't have plans to leave Roohi. She loves Roohi more than anything. Every breath she takes, she remembers Roohi. I won't believe this. Let her explain," Abhimanyu said, raising one eyebrow, indicating Arohi to explain.

"I had always wanted to study further and gain more knowledge. Before Neil's death and even before I became pregnant, Neil emphasized my dream and encouraged me to prepare for entrance exams. He thought if the opportunity was abroad, we could go together. But even before I started preparing, he left me... I moved on from my dreams to take care of Roohi. She was young and delicate health-wise. Since she needed my full-time attention, I reduced my working hours and almost forgot about the idea of doing my MS," Arohi said.

(i really dont know about the process of going  and doing MS abroad. I have no clue about when and how you are supposed to apply....I am just imagining things for this story....so pls ignore logic...sorry for non logical content if it's there.)

"So why did you apply again?" Manjari asked.

Arohi replied, "Ma, when Akshara entered back into Abhimanyu's life with Abhir and Abhinav Jiju, we all thought Abhimanyu might reconcile with Akshu for the sake of Abhir. Roohi was initially sad about this, but later she understood the reality. When I went to console her, do you know what she said?

"It's okay, Matashree. I know Avi wasn't my father from the beginning. I still don't know why tears are gushing out of my eyes. I am a strong princess, as Avi said, right, Matashree? ...Don't worry, Matashree, so what if he becomes Birla boy's father? I will always love him, and he'll be my Avi... I'll manage, Matashree. And I know he wouldn't ever neglect me and will love me as much as Birla boy. I have no problem with him accepting Birla boy, Matashree...." Roohi explained with a small smile, wiping her mom's tears. Arohi came to make Roohi understand the situation and console her, but Roohi, though young, was intelligent and took away her mom's worries.

"That day, I realized, Ma, that my daughter has grown up and is very understanding. But I didn't want to see Roohi in a dilemma, always a choice for Abhimanyu to shower love upon whenever he wanted. I didn't want her to ruin her relationship with her brother through a comparison of priorities by living in the same house. I decided to take Roohi and leave this house. Then I remembered I couldn't go to the Goenka house because Badepapa hates me. So I decided to apply for MS and wrote the entrance exam without much thought." Arohi finished.

"Really? Do you want me to believe this? Then why does the letter say that it offers accommodation for only one person?" Manjari asked.

"Ma, I got this offer a month ago. Initially, I thought I could take Roohi and live there with the money that I have earned by working in Birla Hospital all these years. Then I got an email from the institute stating that I would have to stay inside their campus, where they allotted accommodation only for one person, and living inside the campus was compulsory. I soon changed my mind and dropped the idea. I wouldn't leave my Roohi and go, Ma...