T H I R T Y - S I X

Start from the beginning

She froze, attempting to lay completely still, which wasn't that hard of a task considering she barely had any strength in that moment. If that thing spotted her, she wasn't quite sure how she could survive it. Though luck was most certainly not on her side in that moment as it turned it's head, it's beady white eyes falling onto her collapsed figure and Kaia knew that she was going to die again if she couldn't find some strength within her to get up in that moment.

It began to rush at her and Kaia's eyes widen in horror, still unsure if it was just one or if it was multiple with her blurred-double seeing vision. She gritted her teeth together, forcing herself to roll over as a scream of utter pain left her lips as every part of her body felt as though it was lit aflame from the pain that erupted through her. She forced herself to her hands and knees, a sob leaving her lips as she just barely dodged a hit from the phantom, it's foot landing in her stomach sending her flying back from the unexpected strength of it.

Kaia screamed again as her back hit a tree, and her vision blurred black and she barely had a moment to react before the phantom was on her again, going to tackle her as she just barely managed to grab it's wrists, fighting against it as it snapped its teeth at her face. Kaia sobbed as she let out another scream, feeling it's claws digging into her wrists and up the back of her hands. She wasn't sure how she even had the strength to fight back against this thing but Kaia knew that she couldn't die in that moment. She had to stay alive, Kaia couldn't die, she had to live to see the others, to see this plan through, to see Aiden.

She pushed back against the phantom, her entire body screaming at her to stop and give into the death that the phantom seemed to be offering her, the easy way out, but Kaia refused. She gritted her teeth, tears pooling in her eyes as she pushed it back, her blurry vision just barely catching sight of a sharp looking tree branch feet away and knew what she had to do to survive.

Kaia's body shook under the immense pressure of the phantom, her legs just barely having the strength to push themselves up and into the stomach of the phantom with enough force to send it rolling off of her, though not very far. Kaia was running on pure adrenaline and a overwhelming need to survive as her teeth grit, her eyes narrowing into the branch as she rolled, pain rushing up her entire body that she ignored as she made a move to grab what she thought was the branch, though missing a couple times as she hit the blurred clones of it and finally grasped it within her hands.

Kaia yelled, turning her body around with pain encasing her whole as she swung the branch with everything she had left in her. It pierced its open mouth that was grinning widely, ready to take a bite at her just before the branch split through the back of it's mouth and through the back of it's head.

Kaia shook under the weight of it, quickly dropping her hold on the stick and moving to the side, slipping on her own blood as she tumbled to the ground, her chin bashing against a rock as she cried out in pain, having bit her tongue from the harsh hit. Kaia sobbed out in pain as she crawled away from the now dead phantom. The others needed to hurry, Kaia couldn't do this on her own, she thought to herself just before her vision blurred and she passed out again.

 The others needed to hurry, Kaia couldn't do this on her own, she thought to herself just before her vision blurred and she passed out again