Chapter 6: Everything Goes Black

Claire hangs up the phone and presses harder on the gas pedal and we accelerate forward.

"What's going on Aunt Claire?" Gray asks sounding a little scared.

"We have a little problem...the Pterodactyls broke through the glass on top of their habitat and are flying all around. They're not like birds, the actually attack. So as you can see I'm a little on edge." Claire explains, sounding totally freaked out.

"Take a deep breath..." I try to say but she cuts me off.

"How can I? We might not re-open this park because of this incident." Claire says almost yelling.

"Where are we going?" Zach asks.

"We are going to get Owen and then going to the headquarters where the other people who run the park are. We'll be safe there." Claire tells us.

We pull up to the Raptors and yell for Owen to get in the car. He takes Gray from shot gun and Gray comes and sits next to me, so I'm now in between both of the boys.

"How the hell did they break through?" Owen asks sounding mad.

"I don't know!! But as you can tell I'm freaked out!" Claire yells and all of us flinch because of her loudness.

"Where are you taking us?" Owen asks looking through the window.

"Headquarters." Claire responds simply, applying a little more pressure on the gas pedal.

"What are they going to do there?" Owen asks gesturing to the three of us kids.

"They'll sit there safely, and they'll know what's going on in the park." Claire tells him.

"I'm scared." Gray whines.

"I know buddy, but you'll be safe. Claire, Owen, Paisley and I will do everything to keep you safe." Zach says to try to calm Gray down.

"Don't worry bud, we have trained professionals for things like this." Owen tells Gray trying to calm him.

"I would never let anything happen to you. I promise." I say putting my arm around his shoulder and he moves closer to me.

As we get closer to the park, we see more and more people scramble to safety. Traffic becomes horrible, we can't run over the people, but we need to get to the headquarters.

"Use the horn." Zach says sounding impatient.

"That's not going to do anything!" Claire snaps at him.

It's crazy how people get so aggravated when they're scared. All of us are looking at the chaos around us through the windows.

"We need to get out of the car, we'll never get through these people and you might hit someone." Owen suggests.

"I would never hit anyone!" Claire turns her attention to Owen.

"You sure? Because you almost drove us off the cliff back there after you picked me up." Owen responds with a lot of sass.

"Excuse me?" Claire asks, sounding really offended.

"Guys! We have bigger things to worry about than your stupid argument!" Zach yells over the two adults in charge of us arguing.

"Fine, get out of the car. Let's go." Claire surrenders and we all hop out of the car trying not to hit anyone with the car doors when we open them. And as if on que, a big shadow is cast over the whole crowd of people and everyone just kind of stops and looks up. I really wish I didn't, because all I saw were Pterodactyls in the sky. We all get out of the car and start running through the crowd, trying not to lose each other.