Chapter 5: We're Allowed To Go Here...Right?

I wake up and instantly check my phone to see if Zach had responded and he did.

"From: Zach- Whoa I almost forgot that I have you my number. What's your plan?"

"To: Zach- Today when we are in the lab, ask Claire if you can go ride the gyrosphere and I'll offer to go with you. Gray is probably going to want to stay behind at the lab because he's a little genius."

Within a few seconds my phone buzzed with a message from Zach.

"From: Zach- Good plan. See you in the lab in 20 ;)"

After I read Zach's message, I got out of bed and did my morning routine. A nice perk of being an assistant is that I don't have to wear a uniform like some other Jurassic World employees do. I walk out of my room and enter the small kitchen and open the fridge. Owen starts work earlier than I do so I always have the house to myself in the mornings. I grab an apple for the go and quickly rush outside. I get on the quad Owen and I have because he normally rides his bike, and I take off. I enter the park, stow the quad in the parking lot for employees, and head to the lab just in time as the boys get there.

"Hey!" I wave to them and smile.

"Hi! Aunt Claire is showing us the lab today!" Gray tells me really excitedly.

"I've heard! I'm going to be there with you guys." I say messing up Gray's hair.

"Well let's get going, we don't want to make Aunt Claire wait for us." Zach says speeding us along.

Zach and I walk side by side with Gray a little bit in front of us. And a few times Zach's hand brushed up against mine.

"Hey guys, ready to see the lab?" Claire greets me and we enter the modern lab with a bunch of scientists. Claire continues to talk about the dinosaurs as she shows us around. After about 15 minutes Zach and I look to each other and he winks.

"Hey Aunt Claire, is it okay if I go to the gyrospheres? I know Gray is really interested in this and I don't want to slow you guys down." Zach asks hopefully.

"I can go with him and show him around too." I suggest.

"Well this lab tour was supposed to be for the two of you guys... But I know this isn't too exciting for you so okay. And I trust you with Paisley. I'll meet you guys back here in 2 hours." Claire says and we say bye.

As we are heading towards the gyrosphere line, Zach walks really close to me. We get in line and thankfully he has a front of the line pass and I work for one of the head people at the park so that means no waiting! We get into the big hamster ball looking thing and start moving.

"This is probably my favorite thing here!" I say looking around at all of the green scenery.

"It's really cool! Do you want to drive?" Zach asks looking at the controller, and then to me.

"Sure, but you have to help me." I say a little flirty. I put my hand on the controller and Zach puts his on mine as we navigate ourselves through the landscape. The further we get into area the more dinosaurs we see. And it turns out he knows more things about dinosaurs that you would think. We pass through the Brachiosaurus group and approach a gate with a "Keep Out" sign.

"When a sign says 'Keep Out', that means go in" Zach jokes.

"No no no, we are not going in there. I would lose my job if we got caught." I say worriedly.

"We won't go in don't worry. Hey..." He pauses and looks at me. "I won't get you in trouble" he promises, squeezing my hand slightly.

"If we head back now, we'll have enough time to go get something to eat before we have to meet up with Claire." I suggest.

"Sounds good." Zach says smiling and helps me drive the sphere back.

After about a 7 minute commute we are able to get out and the next group of people get in the sphere and leave. Zach and I are almost back to the center of the park and he holds my hand. It's starting to feel like we are a couple and I've known him for like 2 days. We decide to just go to one of the many fast food places in the park and get a table.

"So, when are you leaving?" I ask him, afraid to hear the answer.

"I'll be leaving in a few days, why?" He gives me a weird look.

"Nothing, I just don't want you to go." I admit to him looking down.

"I know, I don't want to go either. It's no secret that I like you, I mean I really like you. And I really hope we will be able to keep in touch and work things out." He says holding my hand from across the table.

We order our food and start talking about basic teenager stuff, like music, sports and school. It's really nice to finally talk to a guy about something that isn't dinosaurs. After we finish eating we still have about half an hour, so we just decide to walk around and take a bunch of pictures. Some with the dinosaurs, some of the two of us, and a few are actually catching each other off guard. We start to head off back to the lab and meet up with Claire, and instantly Gray starts rambling about everything he learned. You would've thought he worked in the lab he knew so much!

"Do you guys want to see our latest dinosaur?" Claire asks us and actually all three of us get excited. We follow her to her Mercedes and all pile in, allowing Gray to get shotgun so Zach and I can sit together. After a 15 minute drive through basically all jungle, we arrive to a construction looking site, with a big concrete square box containing the new hybrid.

"Now, this isn't open to the public yet, so just follow me." Claire tells us as we all get out of the car and follow her to the viewing room.

"It's...white..." Gray struggles to get out.

"Is that too creepy?" Claire asks him.

"It's definitely very eerie." I say, clearly concerned.

"Why doesn't it have color?" Zach looks over to Claire and asks her.

"Well, it's just with the breeds we used." Claire answers uneasily.

"Well, it'll definitely get the people talking..." I say looking through the glass trying to get a better look at the hybrid.

"Okay...well are you guys ready to get going?" Claire asks us.

"Umm, what's that?" Zach asks pointing to a far window that's cracked.

"It tried to break the glass." Claire says blankly looking at the window. "Let's get going, do you guys want to go see the raptors? Owen told me he would teach you more about them." Claire tells us.

"Yeah sure." We all say and leave the Idominous and get into the fancy silver Mercedes GLE and Claire starts the car. We weren't even in the car for 2 minutes and Claire gets a call from the headquarters.

"Hello?...What do you mean the Pteradactyls are out...?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Little bit of a cliff hanger for y'all! This story went from almost 200 views when I last updated, to almost 400 views! Thank you guys so much💕 I love hearing your guys' feedback so don't be afraid to comment! I hope you liked this update and the next chapter will be good I promise! Don't forget to vote and comment!

ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY OR READING LIST TO GET NOTIFICATIONS WHEN THIS STORY GETS UPDATED❤️