Single Parent

"We're over Marci."

"You don't mean that baby." She closed in to my side, rubbing her chest against my arm, thinking she could seduce me into staying with her. 

"Yes I do. We're over. End of." I stepped away from her and her eyes filled with tears and she pouted at me, as though maybe the puppy-dog look would change my mind. "It's not going to work Marci. I don't love you, I don't want to be with you. We got together because I'm football captain and you're head cheerleader. There was never any feelings between us."

"There's someone else?!" She snapped all of a sudden and I gave her a look like she'd gone crazy. She had always been slightly crazy, and very possessive, and damn she would do anything for popularity. 

"No Marci. Look, we're over. Please stop coming around here as if it's going to change anything." I stepped back into the house and shut the door. 

We had been 'together' for almost a year. And by that, I mean we were publicly dating but always seeing other people. She was a complete slut, she jumped into bed with anyone and everyone, and when she was drunk, or sometimes just plain careless, she would go off with god knows how many boys. At first I used her for sex like anyone else, but I was pretty convinced after a while that she could not be trusted to not have STD's, so I just slept with other people and we just pretended to be together. 

There was nothing in our 'relationship', and she was crazy to act as though there was. I barely knew anything about her. But she was head bitch of the school, and it was no surprise at all that she wanted to stay with me purely to keep herself at the top. Nothing could beat the head cheerleader and football captain dating, we were Homecoming King and Queen. And I had my own reasons for ending it, there was someone else I was much more into, she at least got that much right. 

'Can I come over? Nate x' 

'My Mom's just leaving now. Give it ten. x' I grabbed my keys and headed out of the door, jumping into my Dad's Aston, and taking my time to drive over to the other side of town, where she lived. 

i waited until she text me to go in, and then walked around back and went in the backdoor and found her sat in the kitchen, finishing her homework. She was always so much smarter than I was. Incredibly smart, we had met when she was tutoring me. 

"Hey babe." I leaned down and kissed her cheek, standing behind her as she finished up her math problem. 

"Hey. You've been with Marci again haven't you?" I gave her a curious look and she smiled. "You smell like her perfume."

"I broke up with her actually."

"Did you tell her why?"

"No. I figured she might leave you be if she thinks we got together afterwards. I don't think she's smart enough to realize how long we've been together. Are you done?" She nodded, and stood up, turning to face me. "Hi Jamie." I leaned in and gave her a quick kiss, knowing how nervous it made her.

I had been seeing Jamie for almost two months now. And for the last six weeks she had been completely against me breaking up with Marci, not thinking I was serious, but she changed her mind in the end, and i was pretty damn happy with that. 

We did the same thing everyday. I would go over after school, and she would tutor me as she was supposed to, and then her Mom would leave for work and I'd stay there and we'd make out in her room, or watch TV or something, or she would read and I'd just mess around on her laptop. 

I was at a party the one night, and getting the piss taken out of me by all the guys for dating Jamie, who was definitely not popular, but even though she wasn't a loser, she was quiet and everyone knew she was a virgin, which was the big things that everyone loved to throw at me. My phone started to ring, and when I saw who was calling, I went outside and answered it.