1

"Say it."

"Say what, my prince?"

"My name."

"... Why would I need to do such?"

"Just do it."

The indigo-haired prince hissed out, eyes narrowed at his personal guard, who despite being spoken to, looked aloof and far from paying attention. They were currently in the garden, Kunikuzushi and Ei sat on the two chairs by the tea table. A few sweet biscuits and treats were laid on the table, along with two cups and a teapot.

"My prince–"

"Oh, that's how it is, huh?"

"... Pardon?"

Just as Kunikuzushi opened his mouth to throw another retort at the male, his mother cut in. "Enough, you've been bothering your guard ever since you met him."

The prince only shot an irritated look at his mother discreetly. "But–"

"And besides, it's not like he's permitted to call you by your name." The purple-haired woman took a sip of her tea, setting it back down on the table. She paused.

"..." Ei then put a few more sugar cubes in the tea, a small plop being heard. With a barely noticeable smile on her face, she stirred. Kunikuzushi's eye twitched before he looked at his guard.

"(Name)!"

"I'm right here, my prince. What do you need me to do?"

"Say it!"

"..."

"..."

"I'm not–"

"I don't care. Say it or you're fired." The prince laid back, one leg over the other as he flicked his wrist in a demanding manner. "Unless you don't know my name?"

"My prin–"

"Wrong."

"My pr–"

"Try again."

"..."

Ei only sat in silence, eyes flickering between her stubborn son and his guard.

"...My–"

"Again."

"Archons, you're annoying."

Both Kunikuzushi and Ei's eyes widened at the sudden remark leaving your lips. The plain polite smile always present on your face was dropped for a moment, only for it to come back after a bit.

"--Respectfully."

Ei's eyes flickered to Kunikuzushi, whose shock was frozen on his face. Much to her surprise, the male 's expression then turned elated.

...

Normally, Kunikuzushi was the type to demand punishment for anyone who'd even dare show a tiny bit of what he'd consider disrespect. Any moment now–

"Hah, didn't think you still had it in you." With his lips twisted to form a hint of a smirk, the prince remarked back. "So you can diss me, but you can't say my name?"

"...I don't understand your persistence, my prince. If there is no more need for my presence, I must get going."

"You have other duties than being next to me?" Kunikuzushi mocked.

Not sensing the jab in the prince's tone, (Name) replied, "Yes. I'll be back. I'll get going, my prince and my queen."

With a swift bow to the two, (Name) leaves the garden, Kunikuzushi's eyes never leaving his form. Ei lifted the cup once more and took a sip, closing her eyes and mulling over the silence.

"...Is there anything you'd like to tell m–"

"No."