Chapter 9

It's been a couple of weeks you think. Your mind is so fuzzy, your vision is blurry, why the hell did you go with the trollhunter again? You feel like you're in agony as black veins very slowly creep around your weakening form. You don't know how much more you can take of this, you might soon scum to the darklands sinister presence. You slowly look up to see you're on a pedestal, you feel like a trophy. You can see the whole arena as Gunmar's slight orange glow can be seen by where he sits on the throne. You whimper as you turn yourself over to face the wall.

"Quit your whimpering, it is annoying me." Gunmar said as you turn to look at him, his whole body is glowing orange but he just looks like a blurry mass of orange. It reminds you of the heartstone. . . your Heartstone. Black liquid starts to drip from your mouth as the black veins on your body grow quicker,"well it seems you are starting to turn, good you will soon be a sibling that I can be proud to know." Gunmar said as his glowing eye watches your shaking form from inside your glass prison. Gunmar looks at the large doors as an idea sparks in his mind,"Bring me the trollhunter!" He shouts as you slam your body against the glass, but it doesn't budge. Gumm-gumm soldiers throw the boy in the middle of the Arena as they quickly leave. Gunmar stands in front of his throne as he watches the boy closely. Jim Summons his sword as he gets in a fighting stance as he looks around the room and notices you.

"Y/n!" he shouts as he charges at you, he grabs you off the pedestal as he sees Gunmar has not made a move at all. Jim then looks down at you as he slashes the glass orb in half, freeing you. But something doesn't seem right. Jim knows that Gunmar still hasn't made a move, he is just standing there menacingly.  You are not in your right mind, you only knew one thing, you needed energy, power, warmth, anything to satiate the aching pain throughout your body. And that glow in front of you, is just too tempting to refuse. You lunge at Jim as he quickly steps out of the way. You slide across the stone floor as you hiss, your vision becoming blurry as your body screams for the heat that the human boy is producing.

"If I can't break you then maybe your friend will." Gunmar said as he watched Jim quickly avoiding you as you darted at him, trying to wrap around him. The fight continues as Gunmar begins to grow impatient.

"you are holding back, finish them or see to it your own fate." Gunmar said as you finally managed to grab Jim's arm. You pushed him to the ground as the black liquid dripping from your mouth landed on his armor. You then hear the doors to the arena open as you look up to see Claire and Toby.

"Throw it Tobas!" Claire shouts as Toby tosses a shard of the heartstone into the air. You let go of Jim as you lunged for the shard.

"NO!" Gunmar shouts as he summons his sword, staring at the two humans. You grabbed the shard as you swallowed it, your body bursts with bright orange light as the dark veins on you burn away. You grow in size as you charge at Gunmar, wrapping yourself around him to stop him from approaching the humans.

"Go, I will meet you out!" you shouted as the humans seemed hesitant at first to leave you but soon you saw them exit as you struggled to keep Gunmar bound. Your body begins to glow brighter as you absorb all the energy Gunmar took from you. Gunmar's Struggling ended as he had no energy left to. You let him go as you flew out of the castle to find the others.

Your searching came to an end when you saw the group fight a hoard of Gumm-gumm soldiers. You joined the fight but there seemed to be no end to them. All of a sudden you hear the sound of a machine as you see Draal in some type of contraption.

"Get in!" he shouts as everyone piles into the machine. It took off as we made it through the portal back to the surface. Toby was hugging you petrified from the ride here, you wiggle out of his grasp as you flew into the sky. You let out loud chirps of joy as you feel the sun's warm rays hit you. Everyone cheers with you, unaware of danger that came out before you.