CHAPTER 5

GABRIELLA

I yanked up at the darkest hours of the night, with a jerk that happened to come from the rats jumping in my stomach, begging me to give them something to eat right now.

It was an order, and no matter how much i tried, i couldn't disobey them.

My nerves stricken with each other, like a bolt of wires. I waited till it stopped hurting, while all i did was groan.
I glanced over the side table clock -- it was 2 in the morning.

Nevertheless, the living beings might've been sleeping, but not the dead ones. It was their time to wake up and roam in serene world. Honestly, if you think it through with a positive mind – it’s kind of fascinating. At least, they didn’t have anyone to get bullied from or abused.

"I need coffee, without it I can't even walk properly." Somehow, I managed to lift my body to the kitchen with my stumble feet. Sleepy and exhausted, right words to define it all.

It was definitely the wrong time for coffee but if these rats of my stomach needed to get fed, so was my brain. if it wouldn't work they wouldn't get their midnight 2am lunch.

I pour my less strong coffee in my flowery mug and sipped it til my eyes wide opened. Though, physically i was in the kitchen; but mentally i was still in my bed covered under my sheet filled of lavenders.

"Now, it's time to feed you." I gave a pat on my belly, searching something healthy to eat. However, all we had were cans of beer and.....
..... That's it.

"You gotta be kidding me!" I groaned. "Now what!?" I hunted just to find a single snack if we had, but nothing met my starved eyes.

Cursing for my today's luck, I hopped on my bed and covered myself until my eyes couldn't hold the weight of darkness filling my whole room. Even after having a mug of coffee, I slept like i hadn't been for an entire month.

-------

The alarm rang, annoyed by the sound I turned it off. I had an intoxicating sleep til five minutes, when my alarm buzzed again. I screeched, wrapping my ears with the pillow.

Frustration got the best in me, as it jerked me up. I went straight for a shower, but not before murdering my alarm.
I did.
I did that Every single day.

A quick choice, white shirt --front half of it-- tucked under my denim jeans. I let my hair down, adding a watch to complete my look. Never forgot my pendant round my neck. That was something related to my father.

Whether y’all are interested or not, you are stuck with me – so, y’all have to listen to my pretty, sad story.

When I was thirteen, I found a box in the deepest corner of Kim's wardrobe while i was searching a jacket for her. I put it down and went through it.

A men's watch, photo album full of Kim and dad's pictures. They looked happy. I, certainly, thought that maybe I was the problem in their happy married life.

Perhaps, i literally brought the bad luck in Kim's life.

It also had a letter, securely, placed under a small royal blue box with a silver pendant placed safely and beautifully in it. I picked them up, first I read the letter with tears in my eyes.

It said....

'My dear daughter,
I don't know how to tell you, but i brought this for you even before you were born. I saw this pendant and i had the captivating urge to see you wearing it.
You are my flower, and that flowers are from my side to you.
You see, the little big one hugging the tiny one against him? that's us. You and me. That's how i will always hug you whether you'll be at your low or high. In your happiness, in your sorrows. I'm always here for you,
my pretty flower.'