CHAPTER 12

ASIEL'S POV

  "I understand that we can't join our mother and father but why do we need to travel with discretion. There are even no royal soldiers here" remember me again why do I need to join them again?

  Seriously, it's been his nth times asking that same question and I am starting to get irritated by him. Can't even get a good nap with him being this noisy. I'm just glad that Tank is with me being a good huggable bear he is.

  "Can't we just travel quietly, brother" I muttered hoping that he heard me.

"Oh come on, Asiel. You're not complaining since you have that teddy bear of yours yet I can't even bring Grawder." He pouted and looked at look at the knight who's escorting us. Huh, who's escorting who? What a silly thought.

  "Since the event is tightly secured. I alone will suffice in addition that his Majesty want me to escort you for his comfort" he sigh knowing that his presence is useless with me being here.

  Thinking about it, only few people know about what happen to the dungeon so I am guessing that his Majesty at least warn him about me. Hopefully, he wouldn't do some funny business in my presence. It would be a huge humiliation for him if a much more younger and weaker prince will take him like nothing.

"Princess Kathlyn also make it clear that she didn't want to attract any attention." He added giving up on his situation.

"And I also made it clear that I don't want to be here, yet here I am" Kathlyn said fixing her hair that get mess because of the wind.

  "We are already here, your complains wouldn't change anything so why just don't we stay quiet for a few minutes, yeah" hoping that at least they will listen to me. You know, being the precious youngest child of the royal family.

  "I wonder how you both got survive in the royal family. You should both grateful to have me otherwise you would lock yourself in the library while you are taking your precious nap anywhere" yeah yeah you are right. And I love that idea, thank you very much.

"Napping is much better than attending this kind of events" I answered while nodding at his way, showing how I agree to him.

I can see the twitch in his right lips to my answer. Not expecting or I guess expecting my answer. Well, I am just saying the truth so it is his choice if he will agree to it or not. Not my problem anymore.

"You should really go out and socialize sometimes, Asiel. It will do good to you" I rolled my eyes at him before turning my back at him when I saw someone so familiar.

  I send some of my shadow to see what's happening. I am more focused on Arthur who, for some reason, is pissed with a group of teenagers. I don't know if I would laugh or take pity on the middle-age man who's with Arthur that is miserably failing to stop him from creating a fight. What a pitiful man, I guess it is the curse of being with that boy.

  "Asiel, back me up, would you?" Annoyed with my lack of response, Curtis patted my shoulder to get my attention.

"What is it?" I asked him which made him more annoyed with me.

  "I am saying that I should bring Grawder and ride him--"

  "Which is a stupid idea, Brother. Stop the carriage right now." I ordered before following that auburn hair.

  "What do you think you're doing, Asiel" Curtis said while following me, worried since I jumped in a moving carriage.

  I fixed myself first since my dress got a little mess from moving carelessly inside the carriage to find a more comfortable position. I am walking towards him curious on what will happened next with the excuse of being a good prince stopping future fight.