𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: Overly Difficult

tw ; profanity, public shaming, stalking.

─✦✦✦✦─

─✦✦✦✦─

"Second year student, Rayne Ames, was given the title of this year's Divine Visionary who had demonstrated the highest degree of excellence over the course of the year!"

You hear the newspaper say, literally. It applauses your brother who had scarily became much stronger in the past years more than you had anticipated.

Ever since he entered Easton Magic Academy, both of you kind of fell out of it with each other and separated. He didn't talk much to you and instead focused on being the top of the school. You don't know if he's doing it for money but you were pretty content with your lifestyle before until now.

And so you decide to fix things up yourself and also enroll at that school.

Just to meet and talk to your own brother. Yeah...

You sigh, you really hope you have enough magic to get accepted. But all you could do is read a lot of spell books in the public library and study them. You have no tutor, you have no experience, you have no magic wand, and no physique either. But oh well you just gotta pray for luck! Who are you kidding though...

"Right... Nii-chan's not here..." You sigh again before taking your usual clothes and heading outside.

It's not too late to back out of this right??? Maybe you can ask your brother for help since he's stronger now, you wonder how he reached that level so fast.

You take out your Rabbiphone, and check your contacts. You're relieved to find out your brother is still in it. Without further loitering, you dial the number.

Every single ring gives you nervousness, reminding you that he might not react as kindly as you think. Even worse is that he ignores you.

Someone picks up the phone.

"What do you want?" It's your brother. You momentarily beam before controlling yourself.

"I- Ah-Uhm..."

"Don't waste my time."

"Wait, don't end the call!"

"Then quit dilly dallying." You can almost feel him scrunch his brows from just his voice. So cold... You're gonna tear up.

Okay so... Time for bullshitting your way to make him train you and you just have the idea right now.

"Nii-chan, so you know I'm really useless ri—"

"No, [Name] I'm not gonna train you to join the academy." Your perfect sentence was cut off by the disapproving voice of Rayne. You almost forgot to ask yourself 'how did he know'?

"Wha- I-...why?"

"You're too weak to join the academy, you're better off not trying. They're not gonna let you in the school." Rayne says, voice stern.