Messing with Dragons

Start from the beginning

"Neither does yours," Otto replies. "Imagine what your wife would feel if she knew her lordly husband was off devoting himself to the Princess instead of her."

Elenda already knew of his love for the Princess. This was nothing new. But yet, he ignored this statement.

"My family swore to devote themselves to the Princess. Oaths should be kept," Mace smiles, "But, I imagine the King would not be happy if he knew his lord Hand was spying on his daughter's every move in the hopes that she slip up one day."

Otto stays silent.

"Ambitious since every man in this realm knows you want your little princeling grandson on the throne. But creepy in more ways than none," Mace goes to walk away but stops.

"I do wish to know how you knew of any of this," Mason says.

"You have no right to know of any of it," Otto calls out to him as they both turn to face each other again.

"Don't I? You were planning on spying on me and the Princess. But that was unsuccessful. So who did you end up spying on then?"

Otto smirks, "The Princess had quite the night as I am told. It just wasn't with you."

He nods his head, "Good day, Ser Mason." The Lord Hand walks away from him and makes his way to the King's chambers, leaving Mason to his thoughts.

But he could not just reveal such a thing and not explain himself. He decides to follow after Otto Hightower.

"Come," Viserys called out as he stood, dusting some parts of his Old Valyria model. Otto Hightower enters the room, eager to tell the King of what he had heard.

Mason arrives and sees that it was just Ser Harrold Westerling standing guard. He decides to approach.

"Ser Mason, it is good to see you," Westerling acknowledges him, "Do you wish to see the King?"

"You as well, Commander. And no," Mason says, "I only wish to hear what that snake of a Hand tells the King."

"I am afraid I can't let you. Whatever the King and his Hand speak of stays confidential," Westerling says as he shrugs his shoulders. Mace sighs.

"I was just slandered and threatened by that leech. I don't give a shit about confidentiality," Mace laughs as he grins up at Harrold.

Just as Mace thinks Harrold is about to turn him away, he steps aside and makes room for him.

"Five minutes," He says and Mason smiles as he puts his ear against the door and listens.

"What is it?" He hears Viserys say.

"I apologize for the early hour, Your Grace. I have, uh... discomforting news." He begins, "I thought it best shared discreetly before the council convenes."

Viserys sighs expectedly, " The Sea Snake."

"I'm afraid it concerns the Princess, my King," Otto said and Harrold notices the way Mace's entire body began to get tense.

"Has she been harmed?"

Otto sighs as if this bothered him too. It obviously did not. The Lord Hand would have been doing cartwheels and celebrating the Princess making this mistake if it weren't for the fact that he was standing in front of the King.