May to June 2024 | 8 Chapter Challenge

Start from the beginning

What are the guidelines?

Please read through all the guidelines and the FAQs chapter carefully to ensure your story meets all the eligibility criteria. Only those who successfully complete the challenge, adhere to our guidelines, and correctly submit their stories will be considered.

We ask that you keep the Wattpad Code of Conduct in mind when participating and that all entries adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines which have now been updated.

Feel free to visit the Safety Portal at any time to learn more about keeping safe on Wattpad.

The writing window is the two-month duration in which you have to write and submit for this challenge. Please consider the following guidelines with regard to time and dates as they pertain to this challenge:

We would like for you to write and post the 8 NEW chapters of your story within the two-month time frame.

The date of publication of your story should not precede September 1, 2023. That means all stories must be posted after 1 September 2023. Please note, that does not mean the story concept needs to be new, you are welcome to dust off an old story idea you never managed to fully bring to life in the past.

All 8 chapters need to be newly written and uploaded within the writing window.

Your story does not have to be complete by the time the challenge ends. You are welcome to continue and turn it into an ongoing series or novel, in fact, we encourage it.

You can participate with an ongoing story, as long as it was published on or after 1 September 2023.

Do you have more than one great story? We intend to host this challenge every two months, so you will have more opportunities to participate in the near future.

Writer Eligibility

We encourage entries from both new and seasoned Wattpad writers. So whether you're new to Wattpad and this is your first story, or you've been on the platform for years, you are welcome to participate in the challenge!

You need to be 13 years of age or older.

Writes from anywhere in the world are welcome to participate. The story language matters. Your location doesn't.

Both English and Non-native English speakers are welcome, as long as the primary written language of the story is English.

The number of followers a writer has, or readership on previous stories is irrelevant to this challenge.