"Seriously Veevee are you alright? You've been a bit down recently."

"I'm just a bit worried about someone," said Genevieve quietly who'd been thinking about Lodgok a lot since the trial. After all, what if Ranrok had caught on to their ploy and killed him?

"Who?" asked Sebastian without really thinking Genevieve replied.

"My friend Lodgok." Immediately she knew she'd made a mistake. Sebastian's face went from concerned to angry his back straightening.

"You're friends with a goblin?" he demanded.

"Yes, I am," she replied somewhat defensively. Two if you counted Arn.

"You know what the goblins did! They cursed my sister to shut her up! Said she should be seen and not heard! They've been attacking the innocent people of the hamlets and you! How could you befriend such vile creatures?" Genevieve felt a rush of defensive anger.

"Lodgok disagrees with Ranrok. He wants to stop him and has been trying to help Professor Fig and I. Not all goblins..."

"Not all goblins what?! Have you forgotten all we've gone through?!"

"Of course, not! And in case you've forgotten it wasn't a goblin who dragged me into spider infested tombs or Scriptoriums that required unforgiveable curses! You aren't even listening to me," snapped Genevieve standing up.

"I'm trying to help my sister. You're just being foolish. Why should I listen to someone so ignorant?"

Genevieve felt like a knife had pierced her heart.

"How DARE YOU Sebastian Sallow! Get the Hell out!" she shouted pointing at the door.

"Fine!" said Sebastian scowling as he snatched up his bag and stormed out. As the door to the Room shut behind him Genevieve felt tears come into her eyes. She collapsed back on the couch crying.

HL

"Alright who do I need to curse?" Genevieve looked up morosely from her oatmeal to see Evelyn staring at her.

"What?"

"You look particularly crestfallen in a way I haven't seen since your fight with Ominis. So I repeat who do I need to curse?" Genevieve gave a small snort of amusement at her best friend's response.

"Nobody. I don't need my best friend expelled over an unimportant spat."

"Point taken but it's not unimportant if it hurt you." Genevieve sighed.

"Swear not to go on a murderous rampage?" Evelyn made an exaggerated show of giving the question some thought.

"Cross my heart."

"Sebastian and I argued over me being friends with Lodgok. He called me ignorant." Evelyn's silver eyes flashed.

"That absolute PRAT!"

"I don't disagree," she muttered though she placed a hand on her friend's arm in case the girl got any ideas.

"How bloody dare he!" Evelyn shook her head. "Are you SURE I can't hex the living daylights out of him?"

"YES," repeated Genevieve though she personally wouldn't mind some revenge she didn't want her friend getting in trouble for it.

"Fine." Grumbled Evelyn. "But don't expect me to be nice to him."

"I never asked that," replied Genevieve dryly. This time managing to share a small smile with her friend.

HL

Ominis and Sebastian were sitting at a table in the top corner of the library working on homework. Ominis was a bit confused on why Genevieve hadn't said a word to Sebastian all day though Sebastian hadn't said anything on the topic. He heard footsteps approaching the table and then Evelyn Ollivander's voice spoke.