Chapter 1: doubts

The rain would never stop pouring. But neither would they. The boy in the girl kept skipping through the rain, laughing at each other every time one of them stepped in a puddle.
"okay... Okay..." The girl took a deep breath, she was panting very hard, "let's take a break. I don't know how much longer I can keep going like this at this pace. "The boy stopped and walked back towards her. The boy was a head taller than her maybe more, he was wearing tight, dark blue jeans and a Black T-shirt with a 90s rock band name on it. The girl was still breathing fast and had her hands on her knees looking down at the ground trying to catch her breath and not to embarrass herself, for she thought the boy would think she was out of shape. Her normal orange-ish blonde frizzy fluffy hair turned into a flat ugly dark pumpkin color, but at least it wasn't frizzy for once. The boy snuck up behind her and grabbed her shoulders and turned her towards him. There staring into each others eyes, that's how they communicated most of the time. Some people, wait scratch that, most people at their school thought the relationship was very odd. For one, they were in totally different social groups, he was The "skater punk's "when she was more of the type of girls you hang out in the library. And two, they barely talked to each other. at school if they passed by in the hallway they would make eye contact and look deeply into each other's eyes, maybe they would smile, maybe they wouldn't. It's how they grew to know each other and became connected in that way. It was a bit of a Romeo and Juliet romance so maybe that's how they adapted their new way of communication to each other. They're both drenched in wet rain but they were still staring at each other after a few more seconds the boy smirked and the girl blushed and look down at the ground. The boy took his hand and tilted her head upward so they were looking at each other again. "You look beautiful" The boys said to her. She blushed once more and looked down. She took a step back feeling even more awkward than ever for she was not good with words. She was always the one library that would be listening to your conversation you're having with your friends while pretending to read a book. She was more of a listener than a talker and believed that you can learn so much more for listening then saying useless facts and talking. So when ever she spoke it was very important and meaningful maybe made someone's day or helped them be informed someone about something important. Usually it was deep and the other kids school never could fully understand what she was trying to say to them. Innoway she was a half mute. But that was just one of the reasons why the boy loved her so much. Before letting her step back from him he grabbed a bunch of her T-shirt and pulled her forward, dramatically making her gasp. It was unexpected and very romantic. He pulled her close, closer than it ever been before. she could see so much of him just looking through his eyes. he told so much of a story in his eyes she and none of his friends fully understood him because none of them took the time to really look at him. The boy was staring into her eyes too and saw a creature. A beautiful creature that was dying to get out of its cage, the body. hiding to protect itself from others that would break it down. It was a special creature, Full of wisdom and knowledge. a loving creature that knew how to make someone feel loved and important and special. And yet that creature would never be able to come out of its cage and the boy knew that but he tried anyway even though he knew deep down, there was no way. The rain was still pouring hard but neither of them noticed seeing as they were too focused. The boys let go over her shirt slowly and gracefully almost as if it was an art and placed it on the small of her back. She shivered a bit The boy gave her comforting look. with his other hand The boy reached out to her back once more but this time please the on her shoulder blade. He was pulling her close, she could feel it, and was not going to try to stop him. he took his hand from her shoulder blade and put it up to her head where her hair was and took a loose strand from her low ponytail and tucked it behind her ear. The girl had read enough romantic novels to know that this just preparation for a kiss. She was scared frightened since she had never done anything like this before but of course was not going to show it, for she was afraid it would ruin this whole moment the boy was trying to set up. She had thousands of witty quotes that you could say right now ones from movies like singing in the rain or books about this whole cliché scene that he was doing, But she knew better than to say anything like that, knowing she would just hurt the boy. She was still staring into the boys eyes intensely, when he lowered his head and leaned towards her. This is it, the girl thought to herself, I don't want to be scared, I want to enjoy this but I'm fright.... But before she could finish her thought the boys surprised her instead of aiming for her mouth lean to her right and whispered something into her ear. "Or doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt. "She sighed with relief and was no longer frightened.