The Half-blood prince

Beginne am Anfang

I look up at Draco, he was looking at me too

Slughorn: At least until the effect wears off, so this is what I offer you today... a small vial of liquid potion for the student who can brew an acceptable distillate of living death in this hour, the recipe is on page 17 of your book...

I smile, Severus had taught me how to brew it, Felix felicis would be mine, Mattheo looks at me, he grimaces, Severus had taught him too, but to no avail.

Slughorn: I must warn you, however, that only one student was able to brew a potion of sufficient quality to win this prize, but good luck to you all, let the preparations begin.

At the end of the lesson
Slughorn began to walk among the whites, the classroom filled with questionable smells, someone had burst the cauldron, others had produced a strange greenish paste-like substance. His hair was swollen from too much steam coming out of his cauldron.

Slughorn: Hmm... surprising, Miss Nott

Slughorn pulls out a leaf and throws it into the cauldron, at first glance the leaf stays still, but after a while it starts to disintegrate, I breathe a sigh of relief.
Slughorn: If no one else can do the job better than you, I suppose the prize will be yours...

I smile contentedly, Hermione looks curiously into my cauldron, then snorts in discontent, my smile fades however as Slughorn shouts contentedly, I turn away and to my surprise see Slughorn shaking Harry's hand.

Slughorn: FOR MERLIN'S BEARD! IT'S PERFECT! So perfect that one drop could kill us all... Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the obvious winner! My goodness, you've clearly inherited your mother's talent!

I cast an incredulous glance at Mattheo and then at Hermione, how was that possible, Harry was never any good at Potions!

Slughorn brings him in front of everyone and hands him the vial of Felix Felicis.

Slughorn: 20 points to Gryffindor and 10 points to Slytherin, congratulations to you too Miss Nott!

I smile smugly, but my hand trembles under the table, it was obvious that this professor had a clear preference for Harry, the Chosen One....

At dinner