Meanwhile, Isagi did not have the best time in this selection round. Scratch that. It was awful! Not only was he left with Nagi after Bachira ended up being picked for Rin's team, but Nagi was also way too lazy for his liking.
'Seriously, how did (Y/n) manage with him?!'
"Are you even listening?" Isagi asked as he looked away from the whiteboard and back at Nagi, who rolled his eyes.

"Yes, yes I am. I just don't care about your plan. I just want to find Reo and (Y/n) again so that we can be a trio again."
"Didn't you two make up rumors about him? Why do you want to be friends with someone you dislike?" Isagi wondered, feeling a little offended on (Y/n)'s behalf. Nagi sent him a glare.
"Don't say stuff you don't know anything about. Just focus on whatever you have planned. I am not talking any more than necessary to a friend stealer."
"Friend stealer?"
"Yes. You stole all of (Y/n)'s attention from us."

Isagi stayed quiet for a moment as both him and Nagi had a stare off.
"You are weird, Nagi."
"Whatever." The albino rolled his eyes as Isagi sighed and looked back at the whiteboard.
'I hope wherever (Y/n) is that he us fine and with good people. Don't worry, you will meet each other again, Isagi. Bachira and Chigiri will be there as well.' The blue-eyed boy thought to himself.

Just like Isagi, Barou wasn't in the best mood either. Naruhaya was fine, for the most part, but Barou was just on edge the whole time. He had no clue where (Y/n) was, and he was a little afraid that someone else might find out she is a girl.
'That idiot couldn't just wait or look for me, but had to go and play with some random guys she probably never even met.' Barou looked down at his food and then at the dining hall.

'It is kind of strange not eating with her. Those dumb comments she used to make were very engaging.' The red-eyed boy blushed in embarrassment as he started eating again.
'You better be safe and look out for yourself. Idiot.'

Later that night, Yukimiya and Otoya eventually separated Karasu from (Y/n), and all of them were sound asleep in their beds now... Well, 3 of them were, while (Y/n) was tossing in her bed.
'Why is my stomach hurting so much?! I didn't eat anything bad, right?' She silently groaned as a wave of nausea hit her.
'There is no way that the food I had was bad. Blue lock for all its worth makes sure we get good quality food.'

(Y/n) took a deep breath, only for the pain to get more intense. She shivered for a moment, then tried to think about what could be causing all of this pain.
'I ate something different because of my new rank, but I did give some of it to Karasu, Otoya, and Yukimiya, and all of them are fine. A football didn't hit me either, so what- Oh... oh no...' (Y/n)'s eyes widened in fear as she froze in her spot for a minute.
'When....when was my period last month?' Gulping, she slowly got up from her bed, wincing at the pain in the lower part of her body.

'Yep... that's definitely a period cramp... Why now?! And I don't have any painkillers or pads either!'
She walked out of the room as quietly as possible and searched for the nearest storage room.
'There must be something there. I don't expect them to have pads, but some alternative would be good.' (Y/n) bit om her lip as another wave of pain hit her, and she already knew the next few days would be hard to get by.

'I hope nobody challenges us to a game.'
Soon after, she found an unlocked storage room and quickly walked inside, hoping she would come across something.
'The stuff I do to stay in this prison is unreal.'
While she was occupied in her own thoughts, the girl didn't notice a figure approach the room. Truthfully, he didn't expect to see anyone out this late, much less (Y/n), but he wasn't going to complain about it.

'That unpolished gem is as clueless as ever. Much like her dad used to be in his youth.' Ego hummed as he leaned against the opened door and watched (Y/n) look through all the boxes, unaware of his presence.
'This? Or that? Hmm? Oh! Bandages could make a good alternative of I wrap them up well-'
"What exactly are you doing there?" Ego's voice echoed through the silent room, and (Y/n) could feel her soul leave her body for a moment.
'Crap! How didn't I hear him sooner?! What now?'

Slowly turning around, (Y/n) laughed nervously at the unimpressed man.
"E-Ego-san! What a coincidence to see you here!"
"In Blue lock? In a facility I supervise?" The black-haired man raised an eyebrow as (Y/n) stopped laughing and looking at him in panic.
"Well... Now that you put it that way, it's not much of a coincidence..." She mumbled as the man walked closer to her and grabbed the pack from her.
"Cohesive bandages? What do you need those for? I didn't get any reported injuries from you."
(Y/n) looked at Ego silently, unsure what to say that could make up a good lie.

"We-well... Uhm... You never know."
She watched the man sigh and fix his glasses before extending his hand out for her to grab.
"Get up from the ground. It's cold. We are going to my office now. There you will explain to me why you are pretending to be a boy."
For a moment, the girl felt her world stop as Ego helped her up. She took in a few sharp breaths and laughed at him again.
"What do you mean by pretending? I am a guy! Otherwise, I wouldn't be here. You know that better than anyone else, Ego-san!"

'And she lies worse than her mom did. How anyone fell for this is beyond me.' Ego concluded and quickly grabbed her wrist before pulling her out of the room and to his office.
"That's why I am asking you. I know better than anyone else. That's why I know you are lying." Ego said before she could say another excuse or lie. (Y/n) stared at him in fear for a moment before looking down at the ground in shame.
"I am sorry..." She mumbled, but Ego either didn't hear it or chose to ignore.

'He will definitely kick me out now...' She thought sadly while letting him pull her into his office.
"There you are- Why did you bring (L/n) here?"
(Y/n) looked up as she heard a woman's voice, only to be met by the same woman who took her electronics and other items in the beginning.
'That's... That's Anri Teieri! She is one of the JFA higher-ups!' (Y/n) thought as she looked at the woman more closely.
'And she is very pretty! Such a beautiful woman!' The girl blushed a little while looking at Anri before focusing her attention on Ego, who had already let go of her hand.

"Now then, tell me why you were lying. Don't lie now, neither Anri-chan nor I will judge you."
Oddly enough, Ego sounded way softer than he usually was, which surprised both her and Anri.
"Judge him about what exactly? And what did you lie about?"
(Y/n) blushed again as Anri looked back at her.
'A beautiful woman is looking at you! Don't embarrass yourself!' The girl scolded herself but said nothing to either of them. Ego, deciding he had enough of the silence, looked at Anri with a serious look on his face.

"Promise not to tell anyone. This could give us issues with the JFA." Anri raised an eyebrow, looking away from the nervous teen.
"I promise I won't, especially if that's the case. Now, what's going on?"
"(Y/n) over here isn't a boy, but a girl."
The woman's eyes widened as she looked over at the said girl, who kept her eyes glued to the floor.
"Is... Is that true?"
(Y/n) stayed quiet for a moment, neither Anri nor Ego rushing her to answer anything. The girl felt the pressure from all the years of hiding finally reach a boiling point, and a few tears escaped her eyes.

"I... It is. I am sorry, I really didn't have an option. I am sorry for bringing you so much trouble. I really didn't want to."
Anri, feeling sympathy for the gir,  grabbed a tissue and walked over to her.
"Here. There is no need to cry." The woman said as she helped (Y/n) sit down while she was crying.
"How did you know that she is a girl, Ego-san?"

The man shrugged his shoulders at Anri's question and kept on looking at the sobbing girl.
"I am not that easy to fool." Was his simple answer.
'And, I would recognize my niece any day.' He wanted to add, but decided to keep quiet for now and let the girl cry. It was pretty obvious she needed it.

🩷Hope u all liked this chapter!! My exams are finally over so I can go back to writing! Thanks to everyone for reading and voting! The support means a lot! Stay safe and have a great day/night🩷