The exciting news

Start from the beginning

Say Say: sure!!

*Salish definitely not fixing her hair before picking up the phone*

S: "hey Nidal, how are you?"

N: "Good, it's nice talking to you though!"

S: "I need to wash the dishes so you have to watch that."

N: "Okay but I need to go talk to jiji for a sec, I'll be back!"

Nidal's POV:

I walk to my sisters room and knocked on the door.

"Come in Nidal." Jiji says

"How did you know that was me and not mum??" I ask confused

"I can tell because you told Salish that you're coming to talk to me, your not that quiet." She replies

"Uh yeah, do we have any plans for the summer?"

"We are going to the lake house, mum should have told you, why though?!" jiji questions

"Cause I really miss Salish and I want to see her..."

"Awwwww you miss your girlfriend!!!" jiji exclaims

"Omg Jiji she isn't my girlfriend!"

"Yet..." jiji says

"Omg, and also you too are very alike when I said I missed her she said awww too..."

"We are best friends, what do you expect!" Jiji replies, trying to knock some common sense into her brother...

"Also I already asked mum and she is inviting Salish to come, don't spoil the news tho!" Jiji adds casually

My face instantly lights up and I run back to my room and unmute the phone.

Salish's POV:

S: "You were gone for five minutes, what were you doing??"

N: "Just asking what's for dinner."

S: "What do you have for dinner then?"

N: "Uh, steak with mac n cheese."

S: "Yummy!"

N: "Really?"

S: "No, that's the most disgusting thing in the world..."

N: "There's the Salish we all know and love !"

S: "Hey!!!"

N: "True tho..."

S: "Well i have finished the dishes and my dads calling me into the living room so see you later!"

N: "Bye Salish, see you soon!"

I hang up the phone and head to the living room. I was a bit confused why he said see you soon.

J: "Say Say, I have a surprise!!"

S: "I hate surprises but go on..."

J: "I know you miss Nidal, I saw your vlog earlier.."

S: "Yeah about that...."

J: "So... for the summer you'll be staying over their lake house, I trust you'll be safe and have a load of fun!"

S: "Wait really!"

J: "Yep!"

S: "I'll go pack, when do we leave?"

J: " The plane leaves at 5:30 and you meet Nidal at 5:00am, so we will leave at 4:20am tomorrow."

I ran up to my room and got my suitcase and bag out the cupboard and packed everything I thought I would need: tops, bottoms, my skincare, makeup and everything else. That took all day...

It was 23:00 and I was bored so I called Nidal.

N: "Hey Salish, my mum said you know about the plans, are you excited?"

S: "Of course, who wouldn't be!!!"

N: "I need to get to bed, I love yo... never mind"

S: "Huh, what did you say?"

N: "Nothing bye Say!"

S: "Bye Nidal and I love you too."

I smiled at what I said and I put my phone down to get some sleep ready for the next day, I meant what I said but I hope it doesn't get awkward between us.

Nidal's POV:

She really said that!!! I ran to my sisters room with the happiest look on my face.

J: "What now???"

N: "SHE SAID SHE LOVES ME!!!"

J: "I thought you knew that by now..."

N: "Do you think she meant it??"

J: "Obviously!!"

N: "Even if she doesn't it was nice to hear it come from her mouth, I hope it doesn't get awkward between us tho.."

I hope you like the story, have any ideas on what to do next, I'll try to update how much I can but I need to study for upcoming tests.

Words: 1262