Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Mysterious Places

"Shall we start, gentlemen?"

The councils of the empire of Mudelior uneasily took the documents in front of them. The scurried noise of the flipping papers overwhelmed the whole place as if their life were at stake in every letter printed on it.

Some of them were shaking and couldn't even glance in our direction.

Because who wouldn't?

Everyone witnessed how I'd gone berserk when I tried to kill their king, and a dagger pointed at his throat as a greeting, and now that they could see us in a different situation— a queen on his king's lap, but still with her chains. I knew that it wouldn't be easy for them to take this.

The mere fact that they could visibly see the golden chains tied around my ankle, would make them think that their king couldn't tame his unstable queen.

"Hmm . . ."

Before I'd read all the details on the documents, I couldn't help but look around. Now that I could finally see the difference between this empire to my birthplace, Parsua. Kung sabagay, paano ko nga naman higit na mabibigyan ng pansin ang detalye ng kahariang ito nang sandaling pumasok ako rito? I went straight to pissing off their king.

Unlike Kreios who usually dressed in fitted black shirts that emphasized the fine lines of his well-defined chest, his councils were typically dressed like the real citizens of the empire of sands. They had a head covering, some of them even veiling their whole face, revealing only their eyes, while some were not even exposing their hair.

They had a quite similarity to Dastan, Tobias, and my father's clothing, it was long and could almost touch the floor, the only difference was that Dastan and Tobias were exposing their chest, and arms. Just as my innocent niece, Divina, told me— the tailor might have a problem making proper clothing for his father and uncles because they couldn't tie it very well.

As I keenly observed the councils, sweat beading on their foreheads, I didn't even realize that I had unknowingly created a few circles on Kreios's chest while comparing everything from my empire. "Hmm . . ."

"Is that really necessary?"

Wala sa sarili akong lumingon kay Kreios, at napatungo ako sa ilang daliri ko na naglalaro sa dibdib niya. "Oh . . . would you rather appreciate if I go lower, Your Majesty?"

Tumigil ako sa paglalaro sa daliri ko at tuluyan ko nang inihawak ang palad ko sa dibdib niya at unti-unti kong iyong ibinababa.

He cleared his throat. Inagaw niya na iyong papel na hawak ko na hindi ko pa binabasa at pinagpatuloy ko ang pagtingin sa paligid. Ibinablik ko ang ilang daliri ko sa dibdib niya.

The meeting room was not as different as the meeting room in Sartorias, with a huge golden chandelier that was brightly lit, a few statues of knights around us, there were tall windows accompanied by white and gold curtains, and some paintings about their past. I might be spending most of my time now, flirting with Kreios, and giving him headaches, but I knew that after a few days or week, I should take everything around me seriously.

Hindi na rin nagtagal ay tinanggal na ni Kreios ang daliri kong patuloy na naglalaro sa dibdib niya.

Umarko ang isang kilay ko.

"Alright, give me that, Your Majesty."

Hindi pa man tapos si Kreios sa pagbabasa sa kanyang papel ay kinuha ko na iyon. Nanliit ang mga mata niya sa akin ngunit wala na siyang sinabi. Sa halip ay nakisilip siya sa hawak kong papel habang binabasa niya rin iyon.