Stars

Ever since she has passed, I would stargaze, mom always loved stars, she would always take me and Em out to go watch the stars at night, I began to cry at the thought, I stared out the window at the stars, every star I glanced at, I thought of my mother, her beautiful smile, her funny jokes, her laugh. Everything.

Mom always hated when I would cut myself but ever since she died I couldn't help but relapse, new scars flooded my stomach and thighs, I pulled my pants back up and I pulled my shirt back down. I hid my blade and cleaned up before going downstairs, Em greeted me with a smile and a hug, "Hey, Rei" Em patted my back, she quickly handed me eggo chocolate chip waffles with syrup, "Come on, I made your favorite all for you. You need to eat, I haven't seen you eat in forever!" Em placed down the plate, I ate my food, I smiled at the taste, I haven't felt this happy in a while.

My happiness was ruined the moment Michael and my father entered the room, "Don't you think you've eaten enough?" Michael said with a cocky smirk, Em glared at him, I scoffed and put my food down. My mood was ruined, "What's wrong? A couple of words hurt your feelings?" Michael said, laughing, "Mom only died so she could leave you. She didn't want to seem like she hated you so she sadly took the bullet, you should've been the one!" Michael said, he began to get to my head, Em was about to kill Michael, I ran upstairs to my room, I heard Em screeching and Michael about how much of an asshole he was, I ignored it and stared outside the window, gazing at the stars.