Work

(This is gonna be a really short one, I don't feel like writing a full length rn! Also because it is so short it might suck a little, sorry.)

I sat on Trevor's bed, sighing as I watched him scramble to put on his ghostbusters uniform. He finished putting on his boots, making sure his proton pack was secure.

He walked over to me and gently grabbed my cheek, rubbing it.

"I'm sorry baby, there's something on the loose right now. I have to go." He said to me, a soft and sincere tone in his voice.

I leaned into his touch, his soft hand making me feel comfortable.

"Can I come with you?" I asked him, solemnly.

He shook his head no, sighing.

"You and I both know you can't, my top priority is to make sure you are safe. God forbid what I'd do if you were hurt." He mumbled to me.

Trevor gave me a soft, tender kiss on the lips, trying to make me feel better.

"I'm sorry love." He whispered to me.

"Please Trevor, can you just ask your mom?" I asked him.

He shook his head no, standing up from the bed. I stood up with him, seeing him tear up a little.

"I know you are tired." I said, confessing.

Trevor looked down at me, his gaze turning to a sad one. He wrapped his arms around me, digging his head into the crook of my neck.

"I-.. just need a break.." he said, his voice cracking.

I led him to sit on the bed with me, his arms still draped over me. I slowly rubbed his back, attempting to calm him down.

"School is on my ass, work is too.. I don't know how much more I can take." He mumbled, upset.

"I just need time with you. You are the only thing that I consider peaceful now. I need you right now.." he said as his voice continued breaking.

I slipped off his proton pack, grabbing his cheeks and looking him in the eyes.

"Everything is gonna be okay, I promise today you are going to get the break you deserve." I whispered gently.

"Just let me go talk to your mother." I continued.

He looked up at me, his cheeks red and eyes watery. Trevor nodded, approving.

Seeing him like this made me break, it felt like I would collapse at any second and just break down with him.

I pressed another kiss to his lips, pulling away after a little bit. I stood up and walked out of the room, searching for his mother.

I roamed the house, seeing his mother quickly putting on her proton pack.

"Oh, Mrs. Spengler! I need to talk to you." I said, running over to her.

She continued getting ready, making sure she put use to her time.

"I really can't talk right now Y/N, apparently a ghost is on the loose and I still need to-"

"Trevor isn't coming." I cut her off.

Mrs. Spengler stopped in her tracks, looking at me.

"What?" She questioned, surprised.

"Trevor isn't coming." I said for the second time.

She sighed, clearly frustrated.

"He has to come, this is serious like any other job." She told me.

She began walking away, but I spoke again to stop her.

"He's upset and he needs a break. Please just make an exception, he really needs this. Just this once." I asked.

She turned back around, a more sincere expression on her face.

"He is upset?" She asked me.

"Yes, he is crying right now. It would mean so much to him if you just gave him a break." I mumbled back.

She sighed, placing a hand on her hip and looking at her shoes, thinking for a moment. After a while she looked back up at me, taking her hand off her hip.

"Fine, just this once though.." she said, giving in.

I smiled, happy she accepted.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" I exclaimed, happy.

Mrs. Spengler smiled at my overly excited manner, shaking her head. I then ran back to Trevor's room, reaching the hall.

I walked into the doorway, seeing Trevor lying on his bed, crying into his pillow. My expression saddened once again, shutting his door.

I walked over to his bed, sitting on it. Trevor's muffled cries softened, lifting his head and turning onto his side.

His face was wet with tears, he sniffled silently and wiped the them away.

"W-what did she say..?" He asked, his voice shaky.

I laid down next to him, facing Trevor.

"She said you can skip, just this once." I whispered, kissing him softly on the head.

He wrapped his arms around me, hiding in the crook of my neck and his breath slowing.

"It's gonna be okay, I'll stay with you. Just sleep, sleep love." I whispered to him softly.
___
𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚.