The office was spacious, the coach looks comfy above where pictures of Amani with different patients. Noah smiles, liking what he is seeing.

“Noah, ready to go explore dad's work?”

“Yes,”

Taking Noah's hand, Amani walks him outside his office and through the hallways. They greeted and was greeted by the co-workers as they walked around until they reached the patients room.

“Good morning Mrs. Roswald how are you?” Amani smiles.

“I'm fine, Dr. Amani and…”

“This is my son Noah,” Amani smiles confidentially.

Noah smiles stretching out a hand, “nice to meet you miss.”

The lady looks at Noah surprised, “really? I didn't know you had a son. How lovely he is the same age as my Arian here,” she smiles.

She slightly moves revealing a boy sitting on the bed with a bandaged hand arm, Noah tilts his head as he looks into the boys eyes for a moment it look dull.

Amani smiles then walks up to the boy, “Arian, it seems you're here often than usual recently. How are you?”

Amani pats his head as the boy looks at him, his mouth soon raises into a smile before, “I'm fine doctor,”

Noah felt strange when he looked into the boy's eyes, there was just something about it. Voided? Tired? A sense of struggle, something definitely seems out of place with him.

“Noah, would you like to say hello?” Amani asks him politely.

Noah nods smiling, “hey! I'm Noah!”

Noah was startled by his own tone of voice. Arian looked at Noah's hand that had been stretched out and held it gently, shaking it.

“Arian,”

Noah looks at his hands, it's so warm and soft.

Noah wouldn't have guessed that meeting Arian would fill his world with all things beautiful and ugly at the same time.

……………

Sihan was inside the bakery, he thinks about last night.

“WHAT WAS I THINKING?! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!”

He couldn't believe and Amani how can he still be… still be normal after that?! But what about Noah?! How would he feel about this?!

Sihan's face was flustered all over pacing around the back of the counter. He was nervous all day and night, did he sleep? Of course NOT!!!

His heart hasn't raced this fast since he has been with Nathaniel.

After all he was his first love, unfortunately that didn't turn out so well.

Hearing the doorbell, Sihan composed himself to greet the customer that just entered.

“Hello welcome to the Golden—”

Sihan stops mid sentence as he sees a flash of shiny black hair, two sword like eyebrows, a fair complexion and soft slightly pink lips. His heart stings as soon as his eyes meet his, his breath stops in a second as cold sweet washes over his face.

“Nathaniel…”

Nathaniel straightened his jacket, “yes?”

Nathaniel sighs in relief. “It's a good thing you know me, I fear you may not recognize me.” He chuckles lightly.

“Huh?” Sihan was confused.

“My wife, he couldn't come in so he asked me to collect it. It's a good thing you recognize me or I'm afraid I may have to go through the trouble of calling him for confirmation.” He chuckles awkwardly.

Sihan is confused, could it be?

“Um, do you perhaps… know me?” Sihan asks hesitantly.

Nathaniel stares at him intensely as Sihan swallows, “well of course,”

Sihan breathes hinges, “hahaha my wife spoke so much of you I couldn't possibly not know, and the pastries have so much familiarity in them.” Nathaniel said politely.

Sihan feels tense, pretending or was it genuine. Sihan doesn't understand his hands are trembling. What's going on?

Nathaniel looks at his watch, “can you please do it quickly, I hate to be rude but I have to pick up my children from school and go to the office. Hehe” he laughs.

“Ah– yes,”

Sohan rushes the delivery, unsure about anything, and just gives him.

“Thank you,”

“Yes, yes.”

“Um one second let just give this,”

Nathaniel's head looks down at the counter, “that's a cute child there.”

Sihan's body tenses as he hands the envelope to Nathaniel, he takes turning away. “Have a nice day. goodbye”.

As the bell jingles, Sihan feels lost by everything.