Still Here With You

Start from the beginning

"Does the accused deny any of the following accusations:

Attempted murder

Plotting to overthrow monarchy

Association with a warlord?," asked the judge.

"No, your honour.", replied Kopa, who had to fight for himself.

"Your honour.", began an unfamiliar voice, though the mere sound made Pridelanders, especially Kopa turn to the source! "If I may, this lion may have committed the following crimes, but he was influenced by the warlord Scar. As were those soldiers who have now been given a chance to 'turn around' their actions and prove themselves. I'm sure that Kopa's allegiance is questionable to many, though how could we possibly deny him a second chance without denying others the same?"

It was a lioness, one who had a similar colour of fur to Haki, the desert lion. She spoke with such authority, such passion. Kopa's face lit up in an instant, the voice seemingly dazzling to him.

"Vitani?",asked Kopa, unsure whether or not this lioness was who he believed it was. The name he'd mentioned when talking to himself. His relationship with Vitani must've been complicated, most likely because of the two families history. One were the former rulers, evil infested into their hearts, the others kind and true rulers, with a warm spirit and unconditional generosity oozing out of them.

"The jury has decided that Kopa should have two charges of community service and one week of curfew. This court is adjourned.", said the judge before walking out with members of the jury.

I felt anger boiling inside me, with Kopa getting away with his crimes. Well not really but what sort of punishment was community service for a week and a curfew? His actions were criminal, and his is getting away with it all because of some random lioness who clearly isn't welcome. I stormed off towards Kion, alone.

Once I arrived, Kion was awake, and he was alone. It was like a dream. Just me and him, together. "Hey Sparky, how are you?", I asked, already calmer than before.

"Good, thanks.",he replied as Kopa walked into the room, ruining this moment. Kopa was always ruining things.

"Amani, could you leave us alone for a moment?", Kopa asked me, all innocent-like which was sickening. This was new for Kopa. And I didn't like it.

"No! N O. Not if you were the last person in all of the Jungle of Roots. There is nothing you can say that will make you ever trust you again.", I replied, maybe a bit harsher than intended but Kopa seemed to have anticipated this.

"Look, if it'll make you feel better, you can stay with your boyfriend but I need to say this..."

We both blushed, but before I could respond, he started singing? At least I wouldn't have to say we're just friends because to me, we aren't.

Everybody loves the things you do
From the way you talk
To the way you move
Everybody here is watching you
'Cause you feel like home
You're like a dream come true

But if by chance you're here alone
Can I have a moment?
Before I go?
'Cause I've been by myself all night long
Hoping you're someone I used to know