Lifeguard Kailor AU

Summary: All Skylor Chen wanted was to relax at the pool so that she could catch a break from babysitting eleven children and to work on her tan. Unfortunately, the hot lifeguard and the meddling sister can't give her that, can they?

Tags: Tags: Oblivious Skylor, Embarrassed/Flustered/Horny Kai, Sassy & Sadistic Little Sister Nya, Elemental Master kiddies, Sexual Tension, Minor Swearing.

Chapter inspired by Here I Go Again, by HeckinaHandbasket

_______________________________________

So maybe this wasn't exactly where Skylor Chen saw her life at the age of twenty.

Driving a minivan full of children all day, wrangling snacks and sunscreen and a first aid kit whenever the little kids managed to scrape their knees on the playground.

Skylor was supposed to be rich right now. The owner of the most successful restaurant in Ninjago by now. After she turned in her jerk of a father to the police at the age eighteen, she was supposed to take over his business as an heiress to a noodle empire. Which, as it were, a cover up for his criminal empire.

So that, of course, meant that there was a total amount of zero customers willing to walk into Chen's Noodlehouse, despite having the most delicious noodles in all of Ninjago. And being sold by his daughter of all things.

It sucked , because Skylor had found herself broke, almost homeless, and with no one to turn to. It was a shame too, because Skylor thought she was a pretty good cook herself.

But back then, Skylor was fresh out of options on what to do and was beginning to see the appeal of becoming a criminal just like her pitiful excuse of a father.

But, before she could do something stupid, she posted a flyer. Skylor Chen's nanny service was supposed to have been a temporary gig. Something quick and easy to do for cash while she tried to figure out what to do after her dad and the fall of her noodle empire.

She hadn't expected it to have taken off like this. To turn into a career.

Now, Skylor spent sunup to sundown chasing around eleven eight year olds.

And the worst part was, she actually kind of liked it.

"Alright, brats, time to load up," Skylor announced as she pulled up to the public pool. She parked the car and immediately the children poured out, Ash, Shade, Chamile, and Tox all shoving each other. They were more rowdy ones amongst the kids, always arguing and wrestling with each other. Gravis, Bolobo and Neuro exited more calmly, thankfully not banging the other cars with the doors.

Skylor popped open the trunk, and the children each grabbed their respective bags and high-tailed it to the pool, Griffin Turner in the lead. "Look both ways!" She cried helplessly as Griffin did no such thing and raced inside.

Skylor sighed and grabbed her own pack filled with snacks and sunscreen. She turned to the remaining three kids, Pale, Karloff and Jacob Pevsner. "You guys aren't going inside?" She asked sweetly.

"We wanted to wait for you," Jacob turned his blind eyes upon her, and Skylor's stupid, soft heart melted.

"Really?" She asked. "That's so sweet, thank you." She slung her bag on her shoulders and took Jacob and Karloff's hands, walking towards the pool as Pale trotted behind them.

They joined the rest of the children inside, where they were impatiently waiting as Skylor signed them in. 

She paid for their pool membership out of her nannying fees. She didn't make a spectacular amount — just enough to scrape by, and a little more for fun — but it was worth it, because...