Chapter 2

When Lara set foot in her shared dorm room, she released a sigh that was copied by her roommate. She plopped down on her bed, throwing her shoes off her feet and taking off her jacket.

"Should we order?" Her roommate Jenna offered the Brazilian after a while of staying on their phones, to which she quickly agreed.

They chose their McDonald's order and called the delivery station, which informed them that their food would arrive in about thirty minutes.

As they were deciding on which movie they were going to watch, Lara's phone pinged, displaying a text from the Messages app from an unknown contact.

+34 820 45 20 33

Hey Lara, it's Pedri from the library.
Last week was fun, so I thought I'd push my luck and see if you wanted to spend some time together once again.

The girl was surprised by his interest, after all, it had been one whole week that she'd been waiting for a text or call.

It was, I'd like to see you again as well
When?

I'm free in a few hours, this evening.
There's this movie I've been wanting to watch at the cinema, it's at 10. What do you think?

I can make that work

Great, it's a date then.

She decided to reply, and when Jenna realized her roommate wasn't choosing a movie, she got interested in who was distracting her.

"It's the man from the library." Lara had already talked to her roommate about Pedri, as soon as she had come back from the coffee shop.

Once she had shown her friend their conversation, they both gushed at it, as they talked about the perfect outfit Lara would wear. They had decided on a cute black dress that she'd borrowed from Jenna with some black tights and her sneakers, to make it look more on the casual side.

"You have to be careful, usually when they invite you to the cinema on the first few dates, it means they're trying to get into your pants." Lara's roommate warned her, which made the Brazilian make a face. "Really?"

"Not necessarily, but for most of the boys around here, it is," Jenna told her honestly, as she clicked on the movie they were going to watch.

"I don't think it's like this with Pedri."  Lara shared her thoughts with her friend. "He looked more like the calm, hasnever dated before guy."

They dropped the subject and watched their movie, which led them to finish most of their snacks as well.

When it was time for Lara to get ready, Jenna helped style her curly hair into a cute half up half down that finished into a braid to complete her outfit.

When Lara's bus was just around the corner, she almost ran to the stop and got in before the doors closed. The cinema of rendezvous was a quick twenty-minute journey with a bit of walking.

When she pushed the doors to enter the lobby, her eyes quickly scanned the room before finding Pedri. His outfit was simple but cute, black jeans and a grey hoodie.

She anticipated the awkwardness before walking over to him, after all, she had only seen him once before and they had a bit of a language barrier.

Pedri smiled when he noticed the pretty Brazilian walking towards him. They greeted each other with a small kiss on the cheek, a typical tradition in Spain.

But the young lady was wrong, there was not even one speck of awkwardness as they directed themselves to the production room of one of the newest releases.

Pedri had paid for a large size of sugar popcorn and they got comfortable on two seats in the middle. When the ads started rolling and the lights went dim, Pedri took a big box out of his bag.

"I wasn't quite sure what you'd like, so I took a bit of everything." He said as he gave her the transparent Tupperware filled with candies and chocolates. "This is amazing."
When the projection started, Pedri made sure to explain the sentences more simply when they appeared hard for Lara, which she was grateful for.

"That was good." The Brazilian stated when the movie finished and the credits started rolling. "It was. I just thought the first character was too annoying." He replied honestly as he closed the box that was now half-eaten into his bag.

"I'm saying! I mean who would go down in the basement when you hear weird noises at night?" She exclaimed as he laughed and they started to walk through the seats towards the exit.

"Do you have your license yet?" The Canarian asked, thinking about the question ever since he learned she was twenty one. "Uh, not yet. My family didn't have one, they didn't need any." She replied with a flustered expressions, feeling guilty because she felt embarrassed.

"Who's picking you up then?" He asked her as the fresh air of Barcelona's city hit their faces as they opened the cinema's doors. May in Barcelona was when the temperatures were climbing back to warm, but it dropped a lot in the evening. "Oh, there's this bus that leads directly to my dorm."

He frowned, it was past midnight and the Brazilian was thinking about going home by public transportation. "I'll bring you then. You wouldn't be out here if it wasn't for me." He led her to his Cupra Formentor, which she took note of to ask what was his job. "Are you sure? I can take it, I've done it multiple times before."

But the Spaniard refused her offer, opening the passenger door for her to climb into his car. He walked around it, climbing into the drivers seat and putting his seatbelt on as the engine ignited. Arrived at the bottom of the school dorm room, she kissed him on the cheek before thanking him and wishing him a goodnight.