13 | Panic attack

Start from the beginning

She always keeps her messages simple and short.

"You left out the part where she asked you to hand me these flowers." I smiled at my phone.

"Did I?" He raised his eyebrows and I glared at him. Of course this cowardly bastard had a slow, cheeky smile on his face.

I said, "Get out," and he walked away laughing.

***

When I reached home I saw that her car was parked there. Well, the mysterious Audi I kept wondering about for another day was hers.

She's back already? She said she'll be late.

I parked my car and went inside the mansion. But instead of the regularly mouth-watering smell of her cooking, I got nothing. There was no smell of fried chicken, nor steak and potatoes or anything.

"I am home" I waited for her 'Welcome home' reply but no, she did not respond.

Doubtfully I went inside and a maid came to take my bag and in place of Kenziah another maid brought water.

"Kenziah?" I asked while sitting on the sofa before drinking water.

I become used to that now, greeting her when I come back from office and her offering me water. Her cooking for me and send my lunch to the office.

Sometimes she would send me flowers and I would...

Wait I didn't do anything.

Damn it, I never did anything for her in the last three months. But then again I didn't owe her anything. I didn't ask her to do all this for me.

I made it clear that we will live as friends. Only friend.

But don't friends do anything for each other? My subconscious asked.

They do.

"Upstairs ." One of the maid interrupted my train of thoughts and replied, I think Maya.

I placed the empty glass on the tray held in her hand and went upstairs. I wanted to ask why she wasn't cooking anything, but I didn't.

Let's talk to her directly.

The girl looked stressed about her patient named Ana. She was thinking as if the said girl was her close friend or family.

I mean the affection is nice but she was her patient. It was supposed to be just a case for her but no. She cares about her patients and any other person too much.

And I knew my suspicions were correct when I saw her staring at nothing near the stairs. I was sure this doctor was thinking about Ana.

I stopped behind her.

"You're thinking too much again, Doctor." I stated the fact to which she flinched back. Starleted.

I scared her.

Before she could fall, I caught hold of her waist and pulled her towards me.

"Relax, it's just me" I assured her. While looking down at her, my eyes fell on her mole.

She was wearing a V neck maxi from which her mole was visible. I wish I could suck it just once, it wouldn't hurt, right? I wonder what it would be like to kiss her mole with an open mouth and then bite their until she moans my name--

My erotic thoughts about this baby-faced doctor, who happened to be my wife, whom I was holding, were interrupted when someone coughed in the background.