Caleb said with a smug look on his face, "I'm just dating her to get in her pants."

Charlie blushed and smacked him. He rubbed his arm, "Ow."

"Someones sleeping on the couch tonight." Charlie was now the one with the smug expression.

Kylie rolled her eyes, "You two argue like a married couple."

Charlie said, "Yeah. Anyway... I need to talk to you about something, Kylie."

Kylie raised an eyebrow, "What's up?"

Charlie looked over her shoulder at Caleb, "Can we uh, have a moment?" He nodded and stepped inside Kylie's bedroom, awkwardly looking at the pictures by her mirror. Kylie threw him a warning glass, "Break any of my things and i'll break your face, dick." He grinned and saluted her.

The girls stepped out into the hallway and Charlie raised an eyebrow, "Is there something you want to tell me?"

Kylie shrugged, "I'm on my period, if you need to know."

"I'm serious, Ky."

"No I don't have anything to tell you."

Charlie gritted her teeth, "I won't judge you Ky. Neither will Lucy. I'm your best friend. Please just tell me, Kylie."

"I have no clue what you're talking about Char!"

"Stop playing dumb."

"Oh for fuck's sake, Charlie, just tell me what the hell you are talking about." Kylie said, looking annoyed.

Charlie shook her head, "I can't believe you're hiding this from me. The fact that you and Logan are fucking dating and sleeping together." She snapped.

Kylie's eyes widened, "Char... I was going to tell you guys, I just needed time."

"Time? From the looks of it, you two have been together for way too long. How much fucking time do you need to tell your best friends the truth? What the hell is so bad about dating?"

Kylie sighed, "Fine! You want to know? Okay! I'm embarrassed. One of my best friends is practically Barbie herself but can't talk to boys, and my other best friend has every boy in school falling to her feet, including my own boyfriend! Who happens to be a junior. I'm so pathetic, I can't even get a boy thats in my year!"

Charlie pulled her in for a hug and said, "Ky, that's so not true. We all have our flaws. But you're beautiful. You're way more witty and cute than Lucy and me combined! You're so not pathetic."

"Then why do I have to resort to dating Logan? He's a junior, for crying out loud! That's so embarrassing."

"In the grand scheme of things, Kylie, that's nothing. One year apart is nothing. You could be 10 years apart and in 50 years it wouldn't even matter. Wait... are you only dating Logan because you think you can't get someone better? Because that's not fair to him Kylie..." Or Crystal, she thought, who really does like him.

"No! Of course not! I love Logan. I love him so much. Honestly, he flirted with you right in front of my face, Charlie. He always flirts with you."

"He flirts with everyone, Ky. It's a part of keeping the secret, isn't it?" Charlie pleaded.

Kylie shook her head, "It's not the same. When he flirts with you, it's like he wants you to give in. It's like if you did, he would be with you. It feels like when it comes to you, he's only settling for me."

"That's so not true Ky! I've seen the way he looks at you and throws away tens of other girls that are falling to his feet. Including my own sister. He wouldn't cheat on you."

"If it was with you, he would."

"No way." Charlie persisted.

"Yes way." Kylie challenged.

"Kylie!"

"Charlie."

"Okay. Let's make a deal. I'll flirt back with Logan, okay? And if he doesn't kiss me, then you have to come out with the secret."

"Fine! But what if he does kiss you?" 

"That's not going to happen." Charlie said, hopefully.

"Well, let's say it does. For the sake of the deal."

"Well, then... you break up with Logan and move on with your life."

"This deal is so dumb! What do I get out of it? I lose either way!" Kylie said, dumbfounded.

Charlie rubbed her temple, "And... if he kisses me, which he wont, I'll... I don't know, Ky!"

Suddenly, a sad smile appeared on Kylie's face, "You have to let Luke go."

"Kylie" Charlie warned.

"Charlie- I mean it. You have to move on with your life and stop sulking over him. You don't show it... but everyone can see how sad you are, Char. People always come up to me and Lucy telling us to tell you to feel better."

Charlie gaped. "What? Really?"

"Yes."

Charlie took a deep breath, and decided that if Kylie could move on with her life if Logan ever kissed her, then she could move on after Luke. It has been three years after all... "Okay. It's a deal."

Kylie smiled and hugged Charlie, "Great. Just remember- You can't kiss him! You just have to... seduct him. To see if he will kiss you. God... I hope he doesn't."

Suddenly, Kylie's door was kicked open, and there stood a pouty Caleb. "I never agreed to let my girlfriend kiss some other guy!"

Charlie rolled her eyes, "We've been dating for an hour, Caleb. Get over yourself."

"Hey!" He objected, but finally sighed, "You better get off of him right after he kisses you, Char!"

Kylie snorted, "What makes you so sure he will?"

Caleb shot Charlie a look, "Because she's Charlie. Who wouldn't kiss her if they had the chance?"

Charlie blushed a fiery red color and Kylie pouted, "Gee, thanks for reassuring Logan's dying love for me, Caleb."

Caleb shrugged and Charlie smacked him for the sake of her friend, "Someone who is in love wouldn't kiss me if they had the chance. And Kylie? Logan's definitely in love with you."

"Thanks Char. I love you." Kylie said while embracing her friend in a hug.

"Love you more, Ky." Charlie said, returning the warm hug. Caleb rolled his eyes, "Can we go now?" Charlie smacked him, still in Kylie's arms. When she pulled away, Charlie realized just how happy she was that everything in her life was finally falling into place. It was almost, almost like it used to be before Luke ever showed up.